Request... ProClip car integration pictures...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mthao00, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mthao00 macrumors member

I'm thinking about purchasing the proclip mount for the iPhone. For those who are using the proclip system, post your setup. Thanks in advance.

mT :apple:

2. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

These things are THE BEST. I have used ProClip for iPhone, iPods, XM and they have all been EXCELLENT. They are built real well. Granted they're pricey but it's worth in IMO.

Attached Files:

3. mthao00 thread starter macrumors member

Nice pictures...

The more the better. I'm sure there are people who are curious too.

mT :apple:

4. monkeytap macrumors regular

i agree, very nice pictures. i am curious to see it turned in landscape, if you have the swivel version. with the car attachment, this comes up to be almost $70 if im not mistaken. is it worth it?

5. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Man if I got this I would then have to get a bluetooth headset.... That is so damn nice looking..

6. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

As requested. I think Proclip stuff is worth it. Took me less than 2 minutes to install. Like I said above they are built extremely well.

Attached Files:

7. monkeytap macrumors regular

wow, i really take your word. that looks great, and two minutes to install? I was going to ask if you had to remove any of your cars components or anything to do it, but apparently not!

the only problem for me is, I dont have an ipod intergration like you, so I would be running two cords to my iphone (1 for aux to headphone, and another if i want to be charging it)

it will definitely not look as sweet, but theres only one way to find out

8. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

It's still worth it man. The holder has nice soft cloth. It's just nice to have so it's sitting in your car secure, rather then laying on the seat, console, dash, etc....

9. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

10. monkeytap macrumors regular

ive gone to everythingiphone.com and it has some car mounts that might suit your needs. They arent as nice looking as the proclips, but can stick to the dash or maybe your console there.

hope it helps?

11. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Angry Golfer, Based on your posts I ordered the Pro Clip. I have a pioneer with the USB iPod connector. I haven't tried plugging in to it yet, Does your unit use the USB or the older one that plugged into the CD changer input?
    How is the integration? Thanks!

12. drone86 macrumors newbie

Here's a photo I took of my ProClip mount right after I installed it. I don't actually have any photos with my iPhone in it cause my iPhone is my camera.

I got it set up with an Alpine CDA-9883. I do all the song selection from the head unit. Works well, and it's a little easier and safer to manipulate than the iPhone itself while driving. Best part is that when people call I get a nice full screen caller id/caller image, so I can take a quick look before answering the call on my bluetooth headset. Overall my setup seems similar to angrygolfer's.

I think you'll be really happy with the ProClip. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Attached Files:

13. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

My Pro Clip is supposed to be here today. I'm hoping it's as easy as advertised. I'll post some pics if I get it installed.

EDIT:

Well it came. Easy installation as promised, smooth fit on the iPhone. Well made for the price. Here's a quick pic. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Attached Files:

14. upenox macrumors newbie

I think I'm going to get one for my Tacoma. One question - did you guys get the swivel versions of both the phone mount and the vehicle bracket or did you get one of them as the stationary version and the other as the swivel?

Thanks! :)

upen

15. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I had a stationary mount with the swivel iPhone holder

16. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

I got the swivel iPhone mount and standard vehicle mount.

17. mikahopity macrumors member

That clip looks nice.... but what adapter are you using to actually plug the phone into the CD player?

18. ndwgolf macrumors regular

I just bought my wife the iPhone and I have the new 30GB iPod, so I was wondering which proCip mount I should get that can accommodate either my ipod or my wife’s phone (not at the same time) also I just want to mount it straight onto the dash where the built in Mercedes Benz phone was mounted?
    I have a Sony touch screen DVD player in my car as well and I am waiting for the Sony iPod adapter to arrive so that I can play my iPod though the car stereo; will the iPhone be able to connect and do the same?
    Thanks

19. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

I want to know this as well!

20. ThreeOhTwoLX macrumors newbie

I have a question about how tightly the iPhone fits into the mount. I have an iPod Touch and its .8mm wider then the iPhone...if the phone doesnt fit extremely tight this should work for my iPod cause ProClip doesnt make a Touch specific mount. Thanks alot!

21. ndwgolf macrumors regular

Here is my setup (love it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Charges phone
    Playback thru car audio system
    No need to take the phone off the mount to speak when someone calls or you want to make a call it is also hands free.
    Love It:):):)

22. fishtank22 macrumors member

I see you guys have alpine units, I thought I would chime in on something I figured out today. Thought I would share the love:

I read all the poor reviews on the Bluetooth unit for the Alpine decks sounding echoy and decided to go a different route for my iPhone and save $150+

I have the iPod Direct cable from my Alpine unit to my phone, but that only outputs the music from my iphone. Would have been great if it also allowed the audio from my phone calls, then I could have just used the mic on the iphone and have a decent speakerphone call. But it doesn't so what I did was use the AI-NET adapter (not the iPod Direct Cable) from the alpine deck to create an RCA out for my AUX input. I ran a RCA-to-headphone wire to my iphone.

Now, when I get a call, I plug that wire in the top and hit the source button on my alpine deck to goto the AUX source. My calls audio comes in through the stereo, the iphone things I have headphones plugged in. Sounds great. I just need to keep it close to me so the mic picks up my voice. I leave it o my lap. works great.

When the call is over, I just hit source back to the ipod Direct connection and I'm good to go. Make sense? saved me a lot of money, works great.

23. staz macrumors newbie

staz

Nice ProClip pics. Not to hijack, but has anybody come up with a clean solution to charge the Apple Bluetooth Earpiece in the car? It comes with a USB travel charger, but I really can't find a good spot to mount it.

24. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

I have a Proclip setup, but I got the 'MyCradle' iPhone mount. It has a bit more support for the iPhone, and I just have to slide it in from the top.

I got the separate swivel attachment, and it is very hard to 'swivel'. It's good for moving the phone into a good viewing angle, but I'm afraid that I will break the mount itself if I try to swivel it.

My mount had to be screwed into the dashboard, which is fine, but it is far from the '2 minute' installation that everyone else is experiencing here.

Attached Files:

25. trogdor! macrumors regular

This looks like a good solution from what people have posted. I have a couple questions.
    Has anyone used this in a 94-97 honda accord? If so, please post some pics if possible.
    How secure is the iphone mount? If you have it rotated, is it going to fall out if you take a turn?
    Would those clear film case solutions like invisibleshield and Bodyshields work with this mount?
    Can you have the iphone connected to your stereo (through the headphone port), use speaker phone and have the audio come through your stereo and be able to talk into the iphone mic? I am really interested in buying this, but I want to make sure everything will work like I hope it will.

Are there any other solutions like this from other companies?