Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I mentioned this in another thread here but figured I'd mention this on its own to get feedback about it specifically:

I'd like to request for there to be an option to receive email notifications for the new'ish quote notifications option, assuming it's possible.

Is this something that has been considered or is on the roadmap already? If not, I'm curious as to why. Is there perhaps a limitation that makes this difficult or impossible, such as vBulletin version or something else?

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm personally more interested in receiving push notifications via Tapatalk when I'm quoted than actual emails however, if I'm not mistaken, I believe the former is dependent on the latter.

In the other thread, Comeagain? mentions that vB4 sends push notifications for quote notifications - presumably without the need to tie them to email notifications - however since we're on 3.8.6, it sounds like push might require emails.

Also, since options already exist for email notifications related to subscribed threads, adding these same options for quote notifications seem like a natural progression, regardless of whether or not they enable push.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.