Request replacement in limited warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozcanesen, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ozcanesen macrumors newbie

I bought this mid 2015 15'' macbook pro with dgpu 2 months ago.

A month ago it started to run when in sleep mode, and later it started to restart itself with kernel panic in almost every five minutes, i gave it to apple service they changed main logic board (motherboard).

Then i noticed no longer kayboard backlight and haptic feedback works. also mathorboard change was not done properly headphone jack wasnt aligned.

And i gave it to the service again. it took 2 more weeks they changed something again.

And now when i touch the aliminium body i can feel the electricity when its plugged, so there is a electric leak after last operation.

And at this point i am asking, is it possible to request replacement with new macbook, because mine doesn't feels like new to me now.

I never dropped it, spilled water on it and anyway it slept three weeks in a service in 2 months. it does not fair.

And i bought this from USA and moved to Turkey, is limited warranty covers me?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

The Apple warranty is global. Is there an Apple Store you can take it to? If not, I'd call Apple and explain the situation. They'll be able to see the case notes and possibly escalate this case to justify a replacement.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

The warranty is global and tied to the machine's serial number. If you have AASP's in Turkey you should be able to have them either fix or exchange it.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Typically you'll need 4 repairs for the same problem before they'll replace the unit. It's worth asking though.

5. ozcanesen thread starter macrumors newbie

for same problem? i do not want to believe that.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

There is no reason that they shouldn't be able to fix the issue for you. Just take it in for another repair and let them do their job.

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I think its semi understandable to desire a replacement at this point. I think you either push for a replace via Customer Relationship phone chat or try to get it replaced. I think if they see the history + a firm push they may replace it.

8. Kuray macrumors regular

Although most of the warranty polices are the same, the behaviours of the Apple Store's change for every country.

In Turkey, Apple Store's are more likely to fix your computer than replacing it. Whether it costs more to fix for them, fixing is lot easier.

As Genius said, the things work differently in Turkey. For replacement, they need to submit your case to Apple and get authorisation for replacement.

My rMBP's display, logic board(due to logic board; top case, keyboard, touchpad, battery is changed) is replaced.
    Only parts they did not replace: Bottom case, fans, SSD and Charging Port.
    I requested full replacement over and over but could not succeed. BTW, logic board and all other parts in parenthesis replaced twice because they replaced my English keyboard to Turkish.

I talked with Apple Care representatives and told all the story and told them my display is replaced 3rd time, my fan was not fixed. I talked them about 2 hours at first talk. Then a more authorised representative took my case for further investigation. I might talk them about all the issues and fixs for maybe more than 10 hours of phone conversation at total.

To sum up,
    I reached them 17th of August. They told me to take my computer at first.
    I took my rMBP 24th of August. Procedure started for replacement because fan noise was still an issue.
    Procedure stopped because Apple couldn't fine same computer that I had (What a chance that they don't hold 2012 rMBP)
    Procedure started again for newer version of rMBP at 2nd of September.
    Shipping company took my computer from my house at 4th of September.
    My new rMBP ordered at 7th of September.
    It arrived at 8th of September, since I am at not home, my new rMBP is waiting for me to shipped at Monday.

Is it possible to get replacement? Yes.
    Is it harder to replace in Turkey compared to US? Yeah. I replaced my out-of-warranty MBP for free in US.
    Does your situation depends replacement? For me, No. When compared what happened to my case, it will be a harder for you.
    What can be done? Took your rMBP to service again without accepting fix and ask only for replacement. Insist on them. If they don't accept, talk to Apple Care Support. Explain everything briefly them and tell your demands which is replacement. Hope for best.

If you have any questions, you can ask me whether in English or Turkish. PM would be much fine for asking in Turkish.