[Request] The Student Inside Us All

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MaxusHastings, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MaxusHastings macrumors member

Hey Everyone!

I am about to start my first semester of part time university and looking forward to it coupled with a full time job (woo!!).

Before i embark on this mad-ride filled with late nights and lots of Red-Bull i wanted to see what other students were using to help manage their course, time and course work.

I have seen some cool applications (paid and free) out there which helps you track your coursework against each semester and module and integrates into other applications such as iCal, etc.

So i was curious what you use (not just students!):

• Note Taking
    • Course Work Management (Deadlines, documents, etc)
    • Focusing Tools
    • Etc

Really intrigued to see what might be out there and what people currently use. I am a recent mac Convert and always found it hard to keep managed when i was at college using a windows PC. Going through the same experience, with a mac, i hope will be more enjoyable!

Cheers,

Maxus

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A pad of paper or notebook with a pen.

A day planner.

I'm not trying to be smug- analog solutions still have their place.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use a combination:
    Notes in Pages or a notebook depending on the class
    Calendar is handled via Things (because of iPhone Sync) and iCal

4. MaxusHastings thread starter macrumors member

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies so far, i guess i should of been a little more clear and mention that i do use an iPhone so anything that can help me keep organized and remind me of tasks/work to do would be great.

Thats kind of what i hope this list could do, i have since stumbled on a little site which covers recommended applications for students.

I have also found a little application called SchoolHouse which i am also checking out as well.

miles01110 - Thanks for the comments and ideas! Although i agree that sometimes traditional methods are the best, i find them harder personally in this situation.

I actually find it easier to type and read my notes than relying on my own handwriting (which sucks by the way!), i can also type faster than i can write by hand.

Cheers!

maxus

5. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Hey, I use both Yojimbo and Process for work stuff

Yojimbo lets me archive files for easy searching etc. I can also save webpages and passwords plus serials. Lets me store everything, work and personal.

Process lets me organize homework and tasks by setting projects and my classes and inputing classes, I can add sources (web or file) and notes. Really good apart from the fact that I wish the tasks didn't disapear into the Archive folder when you check them off. I wish they would stay in the specific project folder.