Requesting a Box for Service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlexGFX88, May 26, 2007.

1. AlexGFX88 macrumors member

My brother called Apple today about his MacBook Pro, he needs to send it in for service. They told him to go to "http://www.apple.com/support/service/depot/" to request a box to send it to them ... Unfortunatly for the life of us we can't find where to request this box?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. SWC macrumors 6502

Sounds like the guy you talked to is lazy. For system repairs they have to set it up for you. I would call back or take it to a local apple store.

3. AlexGFX88 thread starter macrumors member

Wow ... Thanks. I can't believe he intentionally gave my brother bad information :-/

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

tell your brother the next time he is on the phone to apple to always take the persons name, and ask for a reference number for the call. That way they can find out who took the call should you want to complain.

5. AlexGFX88 thread starter macrumors member

Gotcha, thanks.

PS: I have another question. Would it void the warrenty if he wanted to replace the bottom shell himself? It's become warped above the DVD bay, and I'm afraid he's going to need that replaced.

Cheers,
    Alex

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Yes, it would, as its not user-servicable. Would be wise, as it's still in warranty just to get apple to change that too, as, lets be honest, his macbook should have gotten warped within one (or even three) year(s).

7. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

You can only request for a service box online for iPods.

8. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

ANY TIME you speak to an Apple person on the phone for repairs or support they should give you a case number. When they enter your personal information the case number is automatically generated, whether or not they resolve your problem.

Always request the case number and write it down in a very safe place. This is the key to the castle, so to speak, should you have to go back to them for the same problem or issue.

MD