Subject: Requesting feedback for MP7,1 installation of Sonnet SSD M.2 4x4 PCIe Card
- We do not have our MP7,1 yet.
- We would like to get some feedback from MP7,1 owners who have installed the Sonnet SSD M.2 4x4 PCIe Card with embedded 4x Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD/Flash blades.
- We have our Sonnet SSD M.2 4x4 PCIe Card with 1x 2TB, 3x 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD/Flash blades ready to be installed.
- For example...
- What PCIe slot did you install this card in.
- Our MP7,1 will have the Afterburner installed and Apple installs this in PCIe slot #5 that consumes one of the x16 slots. so what x16 slot is advised for the Sonnet card ?
- How did you configure the 4 blades; JBOD single blades, RAID-0, RAID-5 ?
- Did you use Apple's Disk Utility or SoftAID or other ?
- What formatting did you use - HFS+ or APFS ?
- What was the observed data rates for writing and reading, and what was used to observe the data rates ?
- Did you keep the card's fan or did you remove it ?
- If the fan left intact, was the fan noise acceptable or not ?
- If the fan was disconnected or removed does the card/blades keep sufficiently cool when under load ?
- The Sonnet card comes with a cover; did you leave it on or remove it, and if removed, why ?
- How long have you been using the Sonnet/Samsung card ?
- Are you satisfied with the Sonnet/Samsung card and if you are, why, and if not, why ?
- Are there any other issues you care to reveal ?
- Did you register products with Sonnet and Samsung ?