Requesting Help Regarding Browser Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by flaproosta08, Mar 3, 2011.

1. flaproosta08 macrumors newbie

First off, let me tell you that while I know my way around a computer well, I'm in no way an expert.

Lately, I have had issues opening certain websites. Twitter, macys.com, UPS, etc. For going on a week now, I haven't been able to load the websites at all. Like it just fell off.

I get the "Oops! Google Chrome cannot connect to twitter.com" message (or insert other websites...).

I've tried all the firewall stuff, and am wondering if it may be something deeper or I'm completely overlooking an obvious issue.

Thanks for helping!

2. simsaladimbamba

What exact Mac with what specific Mac OS X version do you have, what browsers (including versions) have you tried and what network setup do you employ (wireless, Ethernet, UMTS stick, ...)?
    Do you have any other computer to test your internet access with?

Maybe this may help for further threads:

3. flaproosta08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Appreciate the pointers!

I'm currently running a 13 inch unibody model from June 09 with snow leopard. I have indeed attempted and successfully loaded the websites in question on my roommates windows based units off of the same wireless network.

browsers (all most recent, stable versions meaning non-beta)

Google Chrome
    Safari
    Firefox

4. simsaladimbamba

And what network setup do you employ - wireless network at home with a connection to the internet or university network? What router do you have? Did you restart that router yet? Have you taken a look at System Preferences > Network >> AirPort >>> Advanced >>>> TCP/IP and DNS and can report back what it says there? You can take screenshots if you want.
    How to attach an image to your MR post.

5. flaproosta08 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a wireless network at home, linksys router.

TCIP
    IPv4: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1

Configure automatically

DNS
    DNS Server 192.168.0.1

6. flaproosta08 thread starter macrumors newbie

For now I appreciate your help, I'll check this out in the morning before I head off.

Thanks again for your interest!

7. Ringo-Chan macrumors member

Ringo-Chan

Try Safari FireFox, I'm switched from Safari to FireFox then now to Chrome so far I don't have any trouble loading unless the internet is slow:)