Require password to purchase movies, apps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mojer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Mojer macrumors member

My ipad 2 used to ask me every time before purchasing an app for my Apple ID password. I like this so my kids cannot buy whatever they want because they do not know the password. Now for some reason it is no longer requiring a password. Anyone know how to enable this so that songs, movies or apps require a password before completing the purchase? Thanks

2. Msmit71 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The device will not ask for your password if you entered it correctly within fifteen minutes. It will ask you for it again if you try to buy something after this time is over. If it persists after that, just reboot your device.

3. Mojer thread starter macrumors member

Ok......thanks. Should I be prompted to enter a password even if downloading a free app? Thanks

4. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Mine asks for a password even when the app is free.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The only time that it hasn't asked me for my password was when I download free Podcasts, other than that, yes I will always ask for a password (even if the app is free).