Require prices in the marketplace?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by GizmoDVD, Jun 14, 2012.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Seems odd that the Marketplace does not require people to post prices for what they are trying to sell. I can understand with the" Feeling" posts, but why have a "For Sale" thread where they simply say "make me an offer". Retailers certainly don't act this way, nor do many other forums, ebay etc. I would have loved to buy many items, but when I see the "make an offer" type remarks, I just move on by.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There's no reason to require prices in the marketplace.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

These are members, not retailers. This isn't an action house either. There is no reason to require members to state their asking price. Frankly, I move on as well if they don't though because I'm not much of a haggler, but I don't see the big deal.

5. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Because naturally everything someone asks, even valid questions, are keeping people up at night.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The marketplace rules suggest sellers provide a price. If they don't then let them know.

From the marketplace rules :

Price. If you don't post an asking price, that is likely to be the very first question, so include one from the start if at all possible. Ask for a price that you consider reasonable and will accept.