Required: Photo ID, Social Security Number, Debit/CC.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by striatedglutes, Jun 16, 2010.

1. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

I've reserved a phone at an Apple store for June 24 pickup. For those who didn't, Apple sends you an email containing the following:

Long story short, I have been the sole user of my ATT account since its inception in '06. However, the name on the account and social security number on it are in a family member's name. Will Apple care? (no pun intended)

2. cu2010 macrumors 6502

There's been some debate about that. I want to know that too.

3. TehReaper macrumors regular

no aslong as AT&T have you as an authorized buyer on your family member account. all you have to show is your ID and know the last 4 digits of the SN on the account.

4. Mosco macrumors regular

For previous launches, you had to be the account holder (being authorized didn't matter).

Some have said this policy has changed in the last couple months, so we will see.

5. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&solutionId=KB90110

This is directly from AT&T's website, and according to it you need to be the primary account holder if buying at an Apple Store, even if you authorize someone else.

6. striatedglutes thread starter macrumors 6502

I just called the local store I'll be picking up at, and the person that answered the phone double checked with the manager and said that as long as I was an authorized user on the account (I am, just checked ATT's site) and that I simply know the social security number on the account, everything will be fine.

I will be calling ATT to try and change the entire account to my name/SSN before the 24th, though. Who wants to bet doing so will screw everything up? :D