Requirements for PC Games

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sysum, May 19, 2008.

1. Sysum macrumors newbie

Hi all, Im new to the forums but quite familiar with macrumors.com. I have a question about using PC games on a mac, with of course bootcamp. Im using a 24" iMac, intel. Im wondering if I install bootcamp to run Company of Heros or Dawn of war, what are the best specs to run the games using bootcamp.. however I don't want to have a slow mac, the only reason why i would be using bootcamp is to run windows based games. Im not sure if my card will be able to handle the games, the box said it support nVidia and radeon 9500 cards. Thanks in advance

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You will have no problems playing. The HD2600 card is several generations ahead of the Radeon 9500.

Radeon 9500 became X600 became X1600 became HD2600.

When in bootcamp, run this to see if your system measures up to any particular game:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I strongly suggest the Radeon HD38xx or nVidia 88xx Series for playing Company of Heroes.

4. Sysum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Im pretty sure I have a radeon. I haven't bothered with bootcamp yet, and I decided to open the application today. How much GB should I have for the gaming.. I understand that if I use some for the PC it will take away from the "mac side" of my imac.. I really have no apparent reason to use the PC except for the gaming aspect of it. Thanks.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Depends on how many games you want to install. I would recommend no less than 40-50GB if you can afford it.

6. Sysum thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, even with 50 GB I still have 500+ GB. Well thank you all for the help, Ill be sure to check in when I have more questions, but for now I think I'm set. Thanks.
    ~Sysum