Resale Advice/Expectation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SCOLANATOR, Mar 11, 2014.

1. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

So I bought my Mac (see sig) new with my university discount which also came with a free 3 year warranty - this warranty is transferable.

I've looked after it really well, travels round in a padded (faux fur) backpack, I keep it clean and just typically don't abuse it. Even have all the original packaging still.
    I bought it new for £1,869. What I was wondering is how much do you reckon I could sell it for when the new Broadwell/Maxwell one releases and where best to sell it? I'm not trying to get attention on here for it from this post, simply looking at my options for later this year. Do you think £1,300 (with a warranty till Nov 2016) is reasonable if it's still in mint condition? Hopefully a number of you have sold yours and can offer me some advice.
    Thanks

~scol

2. accountforit macrumors 6502a

It might help to state which Macbook you own.

3. SCOLANATOR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

It's in the sig but,

Late 2013 Haswell 15" Retina Macbook Pro, 2.3GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Nvidia 750M 2GB running Mavericks.

4. darkloki macrumors member

I have the same Macbook, I bought mine used on Craiglist for $1600 USD on Chinese New Years Day. I remember the day well, I met in a Steak and Shake at 12-1 in the morning and paid $1600 cash, and he transferred the warranty. It wasn't a stolen laptop* And it's the only reason why I own two Macbook Pro Retina.