Resale of Iphones (6S+)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caligurl, Sep 1, 2016.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

With all the interest-free payment plans out there for phones now (apple, at$t, Verizon, etc)... is there even a market for reselling last year's model?

We've always sold out old phone, but even last year it seemed it was harder and took longer. We did eventually sell both but not for a huge amount (we did make something over what we paid off on the phones, but I don't remember what??). But I remember thinking it almost wasn't worth holding onto the phone and hoping we'd sell them and wading through the lowball offers. Maybe, theses days, it's just better to pay what's needed to get an upgrade and return them to at$t?

Thoughts, ideas? Recommendations?

P.S. we don't sell on the websites.. forget what they are called? Where you have to mail the phones off to people and risk being scammed with charge backs to paypal, etc... we've always sold locally via a local selling website.)

2. comptr macrumors 65816

Yes there is the thing is you need to sell your phone way back in the first week of August to maximize your profit. iPhones still hold their value and they do sell fast. They may not sell in 24 hours anymore but it usually does not take more then 72 hours.

3. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

We've never sold ours prior to getting our new phones as we don't have back ups (nor would I want to use some crappy phone for 2 months. I have an iphone for a reason!

Ours took several weeks to sell last year..... I was beginning to get worried they weren't going to sell at all! AND, like I said in the original post... although we made something... I remember it not being much (if even $100 over what the payoff amount was to at$t)

We did get a bunch of lowball offers for less than what we paid but there was no way I was accepting those... at least not unless we'd had them a while....

4. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

This year is gonna be slow for resale. Lots of really good non Apple phones to compete with in the used market.
    But there's always a buyer for what you are selling as long as it is priced right.

5. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

Ya.... that's what I thought.... the whole slow down.....

but if I'm only going to get out of it what I have to pay to at$t I might as well save myself the hassle of listing it, wading through the lowballs, holding it, wondering if it will sell....

I can at least get my $50 back for apple care.... last year neither person that bought either phone really understood what it was and we had to put our foot down that either we got what we asked or we'd drop the price of the phone $50 and get our money back for a/c.... thinking back to that... IF we decide to pay off the phones and sell them... I'll probably just cancel a/c for both and get the refund and not try to sell the phones with it anyways!