Resale Temptation

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jakesherwin, May 13, 2015.

1. jakesherwin macrumors newbie

Despite my Watch not even arriving yet and despite my extreme excitement... I'm tempted to sell it when it arrives.

Last night I searched up my model (42SG BSB) on eBay to see if I could get one sooner paying a £50 premium. However, I was shocked to find 2 watches sell for £545 and £600!

so now the question is, Apple Watch earlier than everyone else, or £260 for free?

Has anyone here been tempted to do the same?

2. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

3. angle macrumors regular

4. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

I've been thinking the same thing....

The watch I originally wanted was $700. I bought the $400 version instead, because I couldn't justify the extra $300 to go from a Sport to a SS leather.

I've already waited 5 weeks since ordering, so I'm never going to have it 'before anyone else'. However, if I got $300 extra just for my watch, maybe I could get the $700 model, which would ship in another 4 weeks.

Or I could just wait, and essentially get an Apple Watch for $100 in a couple months....

I REALLY want it, but these monetary issues DO matter when the watch is so expensive.

But can I resist opening it when I get it??? :)

5. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Resale Temptation

Don't forget a 13% eBay/PayPal seller fee into your equation.

6. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Just checked Craigslist here locally....

Looks like people are trying to get $600 for the Sport.

It costs $450 (with tax) to buy the watch. So that's only a $150 gain. Not impressive.

7. noobinator macrumors 601

Did you choose your username so you don't forget?

8. Applenoob34 macrumors regular

I think the window to make a profit that would be worth selling it is over. Of course that's different for everyone, but I wouldn't sell mine to make a small profit. The sport in my area is also going for around 600. There are people asking for 1100 for the ss but it's been posted for a couple weeks now.

9. CaptHook macrumors member

Yes, my 42mm SS BSB came yesterday. Really tempting me to open it but I think I'd rather have the couple hundred extra dollars.

By the time my other order (42MM SG BSB) arrives, the profit window will be long gone even though I ordered on 4/10.

10. Dumbinho macrumors member

The prices have dropped dramatically. Is not even worth the trouble of selling and not having a watch for a few months anymore. If you got your watch on launch date. It would have been really worth it. Not anymore

11. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

How hard up are you for money that you need to do this?

12. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

If you are willing to wait again for the next watch you could sell it and make some money;)

13. Joe1602 macrumors regular

Not too long ago, the 42mm SGS was going for $1200. By the time I got mine, they were still $800-$900, but it wasn't worth it to me.

Only you can decide for yourself how much money you would be willing to take for it.

14. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

Go sell it if you need the money that badly to even consider it #

15. Zeos macrumors 6502

You'd better hurry. Once they start shipping, I think Apple will chew through the backlog very quickly. And as someone else mentioned, don't forget the large seller fees.