Resale value of a 2.4GHz SR 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LoneWolf121188, Nov 24, 2007.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

When Apple releases their next MBP model, whenever that will be, I'm considering selling my current one and getting the new one to stay on the front of the curve. How much do you think I'll be able to get for it?

Now take that figure and factor in the fact that I dropped it once and the front left corner is slightly dented and the top part is separated from the side *a little*.

On an slightly related note, does anyone know where I might be able to get the case fixed? The internals are all fine, its purely cosmetic.

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

expensive hobby.... Best bet is to check ebay. That's what I always do to check pricing.

3. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmm, looks like ~$2000...not too bad, considering I get an education discount. :) Do you think that will hold as the new ones are released? Now about this dent...

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Your best bet is to watch the forums for any rumors of news MBPs coming out. Rumor is new MBPs in January. Then put it on ebay before the new ones come out cause the value will fall.

About your dent, I would order some parts and see about doing the repair yourself if you are handy with taking things apart. Or just take pics and explain what happened on the ebay ad.