Resale value of early 2011 Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ambreaux405, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ambreaux405 macrumors newbie

Jan 27, 2016
    I am wondering if anyone knows, or can show me where to find out, the resale value of an early 2011 Macbook Pro 13".
    I bought it in 2011 and it still works great...except the optical drive no longer works. I have googled and googled and googled and tried everything imaginable to make the optical drive work, but it just won't.
    I need to bootcamp Windows for work, and the only way is through the optical drive. I even tried using an external dvd drive but apparently you can't use that to install Windows.
    I tried Parallels and it just was not for me. I'd rather have the bootcamp.
    So anyway, the macbook is working great except for the optical drive. It has a few scuffs and marks on the outside, but internally everything is great. I even upgraded the harddrive to an SSD and added RAM so it's at 8GB now.
    What could I reasonably expect to get for it? If anyone knows, I would be very grateful to hear! Thanks!
  2. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

Sep 8, 2009
    Northern California
  3. JTToft macrumors 68040

Apr 27, 2010
    Aarhus, Denmark
    You can just replace the optical drive if you want. $50 at Ifixit.
  4. MacInTO macrumors 65816

Apr 25, 2005
    Canada, eh!
    You can also check eBay and filter by sold listings to see what they are selling for.
  5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2015
    PA, USA
    Today I sold a late 2011 13" MBP i5/8GB/500GB for $490 on ebay.
    Yours is a few months older model. I'd expect around $450 on ebay.
    Local listing on craigslist are all over the map. Too many dreamers on craigslist who think their 4 year old MBP should sell for 70% of new price.
  6. lowendlinux Contributor

Sep 24, 2014
    North Country (way upstate NY)