Price Advice Resale Value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Angelis, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Angelis macrumors newbie

How much could I reasonably expect to get on resale of an rMBP this October? Specs would be 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, 512Gb SSD.

I would be shipping it only inside Australia.

Thanks.

2. joeysarks macrumors regular

What i'd like to know is if getting a base model, compared to a high end model, makes any difference when reselling. Does it dip the same amount in price for both, or does the base model make it drop faster?

3. leman macrumors 604

If its has no defects, I'd expect at least 90% of the official purchase price.

4. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Mac's have a high resale value, if its in good condition you could possible deduct 10% off the original price you paid. In Canada we have taxes, I would just take away the tax.

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Between $100-200 less than you purchased it for.. Having Apple Care with it helps the sale. If Apple has refurbs or used in stock then drop it $250-300 lower.

6. Ryukouki macrumors regular

The fact that you have an SSD and that amount of RAM will really help you though. I'd say high 2000's for sure.

7. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Why are you selling your 2 month old BRAND NEW High End MacBook Pro Retina? In October it will be only 4 months old!

8. Angelis thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm only considering selling if a new iMac is released this October. An iMac is what I actually wanted, but they've taken longer to release it than I was willing to wait.

It's for music production, so I need the power but not so much the portability. Plus a 27"+ screen would be a useful advantage.

9. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

You could definitely get just $100 off the MSRP price. (without taxes being taken into account) Just be a bit patient!