Resale value?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenderbass146, Mar 25, 2010.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

What do you think will be worth more...

iphone 3gs 32 GB white

Unlocked "used" (minor scratches and dings in plastic, screen 95% a little dust under screen)

Or brand new...not unlocked

I might have this option. I have heard that the apple store will either replace the screen or the whole unit itself for issues with dust under the screen.. Should i even bother trying to do this...

I plan on selling this when the next gen iphone comes out...

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

If it's software unlocked (ie, through jailbreaking), that doesn't really affect the value outside of the clueless market (read: eBay). If it's factory unlocked then it is worth considerably more --- more than a new locked version.

I'd get the replacement if it came with an unlockable software version, so you get a brand new one you can unlock. Otherwise maybe not, as the future for 3GS unlocking doesn't look very positive to me at the moment.

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

YEa if i knew i would get 3.1.2 i would definatly do it, but im guesing its going to be 3.1.3... so thats why im wondering what i should do. Currently its software unlocked unteatherd. It has been tested working on tmobile.. so that ups its value.. idk what to do.