iPad Resale...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sjleworthy, Nov 29, 2015.

?

Do you resale

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Sometimes

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. sjleworthy, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015

sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

hi guys, why do you resell, or not?

Asked the question over binning packaging recently in another thread, and was surprised to learn most keep their boxes for resale purposes.

This never occurred to me. Personally, reselling has never crossed my mind and wouldnt be part of my concern. I mean, it's a pretty obvious and normal thing, i grant you that, so, im curious how many do actually resell, and why?

For me, i dont buy that much and if i want something new i dont consider selling something old to fund it. Or do you sell older stuff to naturally upgrade? Or is it the only way funds permit?

Im curious. :)

2. mlody macrumors 6502a

I resell most of my older equipment. The recent exception were two iPad 3's which I gifted.

3. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

I have an ipad2...when I get another ipad, the ipad2 will be used exclusively as an ereader. Wouldn't net much if I tried to resell it.

4. mattjohnson78 macrumors member

I keep my devices in mint condition so that I can resell to help with the cost of upgrading to the newest Apple products

5. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

iPad 1 acquired through a fire sale until
    iPad 2 availability,
    then iPad3 craving retina,
    then Mini2, and now
    Air2.

I sold all my pads EXCEPT mini2. Handed that one down to a family member who was on mini1

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I usually just give my old tech to family or friends.

7. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

This is one of the reasons I like apple products, they maintain an amazing resale value! If I buy a new device it's usually to replace an old device. So the old device would just be gathering dust (my family has their own top of the line Apple products - so they have no use for my old ones). And I hate keeping something that I most likely won't use again, so I sell mine sooner than later to get the most value for it.

I'm actually looking to sell both my macs, and old iPhones to get close to $2400 (based off current eBay prices). It wouldn't make sense for me to keep those and have that value just keep dropping.