Resalle Value in a year? New MB Pro vs Blackbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ptjh, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ptjh macrumors regular

RESALE...!

Base MB Pro £1100
    vs
    MB Blackbook £600

Any Idea what the likely retail value of them USED will be in roughly a year? I know the MB pro is double for similar performance in terms of power..I want it for Pro Audio and watching DVD's...not graphic design & games. I'd obviously prefer the new MB Pro to use.

The one thing worth considering is that the Blackbook is already an 'old design' which may significantly hinder it's retail value. Whilst the new MB pro's retail value will be hit when new processors come out, I doubt it'd be by as much seen as it is still the latest design or style (a big reason alot of people purchase apple goods).

Which will propotionately give me the biggest loss and by roughly how much £?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Macs typically will lose about 40% after year one, another 25% after year two, 10% each succeeding year. For reference a 2006 MBP 1.83 which sold for $2K now goes for approx $800. Also expect to get less during times like now, when there is a glut of old, but never opened, models around at bargain basement prices. You have to sit patiently and let that supply dry up.