Resell value for 16gb iPhone 6 Plus (Silver and Space Gray)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andyACEcandy, Sep 25, 2014.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I don't want to deal with eBay or Swappa due to fees, shipping, etc...

I see they're going for around $950-$1000+ on those sites... but I'm wondering what a fair price for cash on Craigslist should be.

I keep getting offers at $850... which isn't that much more than retail. At that point, I'd rather just return them and not bother with meeting a stranger off Craigslist lol.

I'm aiming for $900 but that seems pretty unrealistic based off the last couple days anyway. Maybe this weekend people will start coming out of the bushes? Or is $900 too high to ask?

2. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

they have them where I am in Boston basically everywhere. So you won't get a premium. Also how many people do you know have 900 bucks laying around to give you. I paid $0 down for mine in the next plan plus they gave me $100 for doing the next.

I am a consultant make good money but I am not giving a random dude 900 for a box that may or may not have a phone in it and could possibly be stolen or not allow me to activate it.

Ebay is your best option but they will stick you with 10-12% fee which depending in your area can be a lot of gas you save or a dangerous situation you get out of.

The farther away you get from launch day the cheaper and easier to find they become. Also if you really wanted to hustle a iPhone and get great grey market value you should have gotten the 64 or the 128gb which go for way way more money.

3. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Valid points.

I am very specific about posting a photo of the box with IMEI and on the phone... and I only meet at cell phone stores so the buyer can confirm everything is legit. I also tell them I only do cash and bring a money marker pen to validate the bills (lots of scammers out there).

Once they know all of that, they know I'm legit. So that's not really the problem...

But to your point, they are popping up everywhere. I think the highest I'm gonna get is $860... which is $50 profit and saves the other person from waiting until October or later to get theirs. Win/win I'd say.

4. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Resell value is pretty much done with by now. Definitely with the 6 but mostly so with the Plus as well.

Decided to get rid of my Plus 16gb models for $860 each to some guy who didn't want to deal with ordering online lol. $50 profit basically.

Can probably still make a little more on eBay/Swappa/etc... but fees, shipping, dealing with dishonest buyers is a turnoff.