Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

50L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Hi , someone I know was planning on throwing her phone in the garbadge, she tried to install the flexcable.

she managed to take the phone apart but reassembly was more difficult, and to be honest I didn't managed to do it either.

Also she screwed up one of the LCD connectors

the question :

How much can she get for her 2ndhand logicboard in perfect condition 16GB

magilla

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
Hi , someone I know was planning on throwing her phone in the garbadge, she tried to install the flexcable.

she managed to take the phone apart but reassembly was more difficult, and to be honest I didn't managed to do it either.

the question :

Try doing a Groogle search for replacement iPhone parts and see what THEY want for one.

BTW ...knock your "someone" in the head for wanting to thrown the thing "in the garbage". May not seem like much, but if everyone started doing this with damaged/unwanted electronics, well ...geeez ...think about the environment for a moment. Besides, it's against the law in most places to do this - contains stuff very bad for the environment. At least take it to someone who recycles electronic components.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

the question :

I may be interested in buying it. Can you PM me some more details?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Drives me nuts when people open things up having no idea what they're doing but they try to fix it by "popping the hood" type of approach.
Instead they make it worst.
And then do what they're supposed to in the first place bring it to someone that knows what they're doing but now its even worst with more parts messed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.