Reseller vs Online

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yoh, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Yoh macrumors member

Im wondering if there is any difference in buying a MBP from the two places...

We have an authorized apple reseller store here in the university and I was planning to buy there... but is buying from the apple store online better in anyway?

will the customer service/fixing/etc be the same if i bought from the store here on campus?

I am planning to buy applecare with the MBP aswell...

2. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

3. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

only difference is if there is a hardware defect within first 30 days and you want a replacement you will need to go through the reseller

you might also have to fax in a proof of purchase of your computer showing the date of purchase to set your effective warranty date in apple's system

4. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

thats it? but if i do applecare then i wont have to go thru those troubles right?

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

will your reseller do built-to order? That wont make a difference if you're just planning on buying a stock unit but might if you want to upgrade

Even with applecare, there's always the possibility that you might have to show your receipt for some reason or another.....but that's not a problem since you should be keeping that receipt anyway....A few years ago, a client of mine had some trouble with a Mac that he had bought from an authorized reseller. Apple's records showed that the computer had been sold months before my client had bought it so Apple had him show a copy of the receipt which had the correct date.....there was no problem since he had it