Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
When they get shipped to you from AT&T I understand the phones already have a SIM in them so I assume it is already programmed with your phone number from AT&T and tied to your account. All you have to do is activate it on iTunes.

In order to sell the phone without opening the box what needs to be done? Or can't it be done? Do you have to open the box and remove the SIM before selling it?

I am getting 2 3GS's and want to sell off 1 of them (my wife is happy with her 3G). I was hoping I wouldn't have to open the box and remove the SIM.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Unless you know of a way to get a solid object out of a closed box without opening it chances are you have to open it.

However, if it's never been opened then I think you're safe to sell. My family all got iPhones and in order to set my mom's up we had to call and read some numbers on the SIM card. Those numbers did not appear anywhere but on the SIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.