Reselling Parallels ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by drsox, Jul 4, 2014.

1. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Anybody have any experience of the resale of Parallels if I no longer have any need for it ?
    When I bought it, did I acquire ownership or merely a non-transferrable license ?

I have 2 copies of Parallels 7 and one copy of the upgrade from 7 to 9. Both I will no longer use. (Switching to VMware 6) Neither were OEM or bought second-hand from anyone else. One I bought in a box, the other came as a license. The upgrade I bought from Parallels.

Cheers

2. markboston macrumors newbie

read the eula. I've seen copies of parallels and other software on sale elsewhere even if it was technically against their eula do you think they have the time/money/effort to come after you? now if you were buying 1000s of copies and selling them on your lawn i think they would have something to say.

3. drsox thread starter macrumors 65816

drsox

It's not the issue regarding me selling it - it's whether the person who's buying it will get their copy revalidated by Parallels when it need to be reinstalled more than twice (similar to the rigamarole of Windows Activation). That's one of the reasons why I'm abandoning Parallels.

So I guess you have no experience then.

4. drsox thread starter macrumors 65816

drsox

Here's the proper answer :

Log into your Parallels account and e-mail support. You can request that they release your activation. They will verify your purchase & ownership via the product key and your account information. They will release it and then you are able to sell it.