Reservation at an Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok so I setup a Reservation at an Apple Store on pre order day.

I have the email confirming they will have a Black 32GB phone for me, however for those who have done this before Does this Gurantee me a phone since it is a Reservation, or is it still first come first serve basis at the store.

This would kind of suck if I get ther and they do not have my phone for me

2. Loki666 macrumors member

Most apple stores, mine included state they will hold till end of business day. They say to go early to make sure get it then they say they will have enough to cover reservations. Lol. So be like me. Go around 5 and you'll be good

3. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

you most certainly will not get a phone. In fact, i've heard on the news that Apple will be handing out reserved phones to those coming in on a first come first serve basis!!:eek:
    :)

4. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

What are you talking about about, your not making any sense, however I will not be able to get there until 10:30-11 am so I hope I am not too late

5. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

It is supposed to be held for you. But other's claim differently.

I actually went to my store spoke with the manager who gave me his card, and informed me that they will have my phone and wont hold it any longer than end of the business day. I alas have to work and can't get their till 4 PM. Since I'm someone who got the 3Gs (on May 27 I got the 3Gs cause I needed a new phone ASAP as my 3G was damaged) I'm eligible to exchange it the new 3Gs. He was said there would be no problem and that if there was any issues regarding getting the phone or the exchange to take out his card and ask for him personally.

I doubt that will happen or be needed but I think he was trying to stress that they will have a phone for the reserves. People were getting cancellations on reserves not just preorders over the weekend from what I was reading. My assumption is if you reserved and it got canceled your store wasn't getting enough and you were too late in reserving. The manager I spoke to didn't come out and say that but was kinda hinting to it.

I got an email from Apple on Sunday but it was a reminder to pick up my reserve. My store better damn well have my iPhone as this exchange can only be done till the 27th this month. But I'm not too worried.

6. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

OP, you should be fine. Like others have said, the stores are supposed to hold reserves through the end of the day. I am about 99% secure in that at this point. If you couldn't get there until after, for example, 4pm, I would contact the store where you are going and see what their individual policy is.

7. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I hope so I really want my new phone, however if they do not have it, I may not order another phone. I would expect that if I get to my store at around 11 am 4 hours later I should still get a phone, if not I will keep my 3GS. I have iOS4 on it now, and it seems pretty good.

We will see to much crap going on in fact ppl were so sure this morning that no one would get their phone today and they were all wrong, only Apple really knows what will happen tomorrow.

8. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

In the case of my local Apple Store. They got lines for the 3Gs but they said it wasn't as bad as the Inside Mall stores (this is an outside mall and I live in the Phoenix Metro area just to put that in perspective) with the 3Gs they only have maybe the entire day 200 some people to get a phone (not too shabby). Those with reserves as long as they came in that day got a phone. Once they sold out of their walk up phones the remaining people were turned away and told to come back the next day to buy any that the store got shipped in, or from reserves that didn't get picked up.

Since the policy is till the end of day should worry too much unless your showing up half hour before closing.

I think Apple knows they are going to have more hell from people if they start selling people's phones that were reserved, than just people upset that they got turned away.

9. Sean006 macrumors 6502

Whatever ....... U guys that talk **** about them not holding are not on the list. So enjoy your 3G while I get my iPhone 4.... As they say in hangover tu ta Lu mutha fuka !! With my iPhone 4 !

10. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Did you use much brain power coming up with this sentence that makes no sense? I guess you really spent a lot of time getting that really swell education huh? :rolleyes:

11. bobdigi macrumors regular

I only hope that they dont over estimate their iPhone 4 supply. As in, reserving 200 phones, but only receiving 175 or some ****.

12. Sean006 macrumors 6502

Oh so sorry u are not old enough to see hangover otherwise you would have gotten it. Go back to your homework Nancy.

13. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Since you do not have an valuable input into this thread for those who want good information, please leave your $.02 at the door, it is not welcome here.
    Richard, oh wait I meant Dick:rolleyes:

14. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Well you don't seem mature enough to watch "The Hangover" but obviously that happened...

To the OP: you will be fine, I'm positive. Every apple store I have spoken to said it's policy to hold reserves till the end of business. Don't worry about going at 11, or even a little later, it will be there.

15. Sean006 macrumors 6502

So let me get this straight Richard I mean dick-head
    I stuck up for u by saying they will have it and your bashing me? I hope they do run out b4 you get there after PE. Enjoy your summer school class. :eek:

16. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

My email from Apple, subject "Pick up your reserved iPhone on June 24 at 7:00 a.m.", clearly explains it:

"Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24."

That's what Apple is telling people, so that's what the case is.

17. Sean006 macrumors 6502

Thank u enough said