Reservation Confirmation for 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AzWildcat, Jun 15, 2009.

1. AzWildcat macrumors member

I reserved a 3Gs from an Apple Store on Saturday, I haven't received a confirmation about my reservation. Is this normal? what are my chances of actually getting an iphone on Friday?

Thanks
    Go Cats!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

you might want to contact apple 1800-My-Apple and verify with them

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

might have been the weekend

usually takes about 24 hours!

4. AzWildcat thread starter macrumors member

Aaahhh!

Cool, thanks. Will wait for a few hours, if I don't have a receipt, I'll call apple!

5. AzWildcat thread starter macrumors member

Spoke to apple

Won't get confirmation, but the store has my info and they are setting one aside for me on Friday :)

6. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

WHAAAAT?!!!! So you reserved it and not pre-ordered it? Are you adding a line? Did it just take your Apple ID info?

Reason I ask is because I reserved my 3GS too and I got an email. I had no idea Apple would set one aside for you

7. TedB macrumors member

Were you told that by Apple? I was at first was going to reserve one for a store pick up, but after talking to Apple they made it clear that even though they are taking down your information, that it will still be a first come - first served basis. All the online "reservation" was to let you know the cost and to make the process at the store a bit faster. Apple Chat support also told me that "The numbers of orders has exceeded the first shipments to the stores." and "we are expected to not have enough on the 19th to give out anyway."

Take what the person told me about the store not having enough with a grain of salt, but apple has made it clear that store sales are first come first served.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

that's why I'm having mine delivered. No line.

9. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

but the line is the fun part!

10. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I ordered Friday received the comf. letter now waiting for it to ship.
    the letter came the same night.

11. AzWildcat thread starter macrumors member

Nah it was Apple id plus my social according to 1-800-My-Apple the store where I reserved is going to keep separate stock for reserves; maybe store policies differ according to where you are?

12. AzWildcat thread starter macrumors member

Doesn't make sense mate...everybody and their mothers knew what the pricing was going to be; see my previous post...at least here in Delaware any one who has one reserved should get it ( perhaps my one silver lining all year since my move from Phoenix...hate this town but love the no sales tax policies)

13. SAG3194 macrumors 6502

SAG3194

So true. The reason why I am waiting inline is because I want to experience the thrill. Imagine a new toy comes out and everyone has that toy and you have to wait 3 hours because FedEx screwed up. sucks