Reservation for wrong phone..16 instead of 32gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lidomkj, Jun 18, 2010.

1. lidomkj macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I was not able to preorder, but managed to get 1 reservation through even though I had tried for two. Problem is I was trying to get 32gb and 16gb shows up on my reservation. The Apple store said if I get there early enough and one is available, they will switch me to the 32 and give the 16 to someone else.

Might just get the 16 now and then give to my wife when the 32 is available. Not really complaining because I have one waiting for me, but coming from a 32gb 3gs will stink a bit.

Curious if anyone else has the right reserved phone?

2. lidomkj thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I guess I will just have to use iDisk/MobileMe more. Transfer videos/pictures I take and then delete them from my phone.

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I accidentally reserved 32GB instead of 16GB. I need a cheaper model as I'm not eligible for any kinda discount whatsoever. :(

4. glanv macrumors regular

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

At the iPad launch they would let you pick a different storage size than you reserved, no prob. They just too the one you wanted out of the "walk-in" inventory and put the one you didn't want into "walk-in" inventory. Of course this requires they have the model you want in "walk-in" inventory. They will not take it out of the "reserve" inventory obviously.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Good question, considering how smoothly the reservation system worked!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Reservations are closed. That's it.

9. glanv macrumors regular

I wouldn't know about the reservation system as I didn't try to reserve one. If the system messed up and ordered the wrong one then fair enough. However, I feel that is pretty remote and just wondered how one might click on the button that says 16/32 instead of 32/16, then confirm etc.....?

10. lidomkj thread starter macrumors regular

I used the app to reserve. I picked 32 from the start, but probably some glitch. No big deal, just curious if this happened to anyone else.