Reservation lines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mademan12321, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Do you think I should pick up my reservation in the morning when they open 7:00AM, during lunchtime 12:00pm , or evening time 3:00pm to avoid ridiculous lines. I can handle 1 - 50 people as long as it moves pretty quick.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. Mademan12321 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's the one located in north Dallas TX in north park mall.

4. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Same question. I live in Naples, FL currently and it's mostly people over 65.... However, these 65 year olds are loaded 65 year olds.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Get there as soon as the mall opens its doors. If they are always unlock get there at midnight.

6. xmarcuswildx macrumors 6502

ROADS??? where were going we dont need ROADS!...sorry im watching back to the future 2 and needed to say it somewhere to get it outa my head.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

North Park will be PACKED, aswell as every other DFW location. So, get there as soon as you can.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sweet spot would probably be around 8:30-9:30am, after the initial crush, but I suspect there will be some kind of line all day long. It's up to ATT servers to determine how long the wait time it. If all is good then the line should go fairly fast.

9. smartboy87 macrumors newbie

apple store at plaza kansas city

any idea about rush @ apple store at plaza kansas city

10. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I'm going to Tampa after the initial rush say about 8AM. I am betting if you reserved one you will get it any time during the day. The reservation line has to be limited to those that were able to get a reservation through on line last week. So sooner or later that line will run its course. Now the line without a reservation could go on and on like the energizer bunny

11. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Any idea how many phones stores will have? I would think that if you have a reservation, Apple Stores will have some procedure that is designed to get you in and out rather quickly.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm getting mines from the International Mall, too. I won't be showing up until the evening time, though. I'm sure I'll still have my reserve. Hopefully by then, they would've sold out of walk-in iPhone's, and the only people that will be in line are reserve people.

13. Mademan12321 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's sounds like what I thought. I guess it truly is pending on AT&T servers and how many apple checkers are checking out people. I'm guessing reserves will have higher priority

PS: Everytime I see that chapa chapa picture, I picture you with your arms folded and yelling out a deeps voiced "Ha Ha Ha" everytime you comment lol.

14. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I think you'll be fine. I was there for iPad as well and it was a positive experience. The reservation line went quickly. I also believe that if you reserved one you'll get it as long as you show up before closing.

I was going to go to be there at opening but I do believe it's best to let the initial surge pass. Honestly the only reason to go really early is if you are a walk in.

15. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There is a very good chance that many stores are not going to have enough stock to cover their reservations, let alone their pre-orders. If you want a phone, I would get here as early as possible. Later in the day, and you run the risk of missing out.

I'm sure that others wil respond that it's guaranteed to be held for you until the end of the day. Believe that if you want to, but this launch is going to be so crazy that I wouldn't risk it. Some stores have already said that they are going to start selling reserved phones to walk-ins as early as 5PM. If you call up they wil give you the canned response of "We will hold it for you until the end of the day", but I wouldn't trust that myself. Just my opinion of course, but one held by many others who are getting there early.

16. blindman23 macrumors newbie

I will also be at northpark, im leaving from work at 430 today and headed that way, gonna make sure im there early enough!

17. dagored macrumors 65816

I'm going to South Hills at 6:30 am. I was informed the mall doors will not be opened until 7. I spoke with a very nice lady at the Apple store today. Gave her my name and she replied that I have a 16GB and 32GB reserved and that they will be held for me tomorrow. She stated that I had all day, but I informed her I would be there early.

18. lidomkj macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

South Hills Village Mall in Pgh? That is where I will be.

19. mcheng4 macrumors member

yes - lucky you all dont have to wait in NYC SOHO store :(

I am wondering about what time is best too. They are holding til 7pm for me, but I think 3 would be too late. You run the risk of your reserved phone being given to another reserved customer who went in earlier than you, and had theirs malfunction or some BS.

I like the 8:30a, after the initial rush, but I dont think that will apply to the NYC store :(

Has any1 called to confirm if they'll give it to us today? :)

20. dagored macrumors 65816

Yes indeed.