Reservation not showing online

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daraux, Sep 14, 2014.

1. daraux macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm in Canada and reserved an iPhone 6 for pickup this coming Friday. Got the confirmation email and all looks well. However, curiously if I login to Apple's "Change or cancel a reservation" system, it says I have no reservations. Also, Reservations in the Apple Store app on iPhone shows nothing.

I assume this launch is somehow excluded from their online reservation system. Just curious if other people that opted for in-store pickup are seeing the same thing?

Thanks!
    D

Attached Files:

2. neil1980 macrumors 6502

I have exactly the same in the UK.

I have a reservation email for 11-12 o clock for a store thats a 2 hour drive away though if I look in reservations theres nothing listed.

I'm not sure if I should just get to the store thats 2 hours away for 11 and hope that all is OK (though potentially have a 4 hour drive and come away empty handed) or if I should get to the store thats half an hour away from me for 2am and queue but probably get what I want (after a 6+ hour wait)

3. daraux thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Neil,

Hopefully this will help.

I ended up calling Apple customer support. Rep said it was odd that it was not showing up in the reservation section of the Apple Store app. He suggested that I call the Apple store directly to confirm they have my reservation.

So I called the Apple store and they asked for my details. She then put me on hold to checked their "back of house" system. She came back and said my reservation is in-tact and all will be ready for pickup on Friday. Additionally, she said the reservation will not show up in the Apple Store app as the launch is handled differently.

4. neil1980 macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks for that!

Guess it may be worth me calling the store Thursday just to make sure they have me down.

5. steveohan macrumors newbie

How is this handled in the store?
    I made a reservation but cannot be there in person to pick it up (Canada). My sister will go on my behalf. Is it ok for her to just bring the printed reservation receipt?