Reservation page down? [UPDATE] Now available for walk up purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipedro, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ipedro, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

It's been down since last night and all morning.

[​IMG]

Is there time when it usually comes online?

[UPDATE] iPhone 6 and 6 Plus now available for walk up purchase. :)

2. LeanneLand macrumors member

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Last year, this was about the time the "official factory unlocked" was released. I remember inquiring about a 5S in the store last year the week of Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed, Apple is updating inventory with these new devices.

"I know, I know" the ones currently out, ATT and T-Mobile, if purchased full price is unlocked. I want the official factory unlocked though. :p

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I wonder, was the T-mobile one always say "Unlocked and contract free" on the apple.com? Or did they just change it to that?

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm pretty sure it has always said that.

The Verizon model is the one to buy anyway, it's fully unlocked, is 100% compatible with AT&T/T-Mobile AND it officially works with Verizon.

6. ipedro thread starter macrumors 68040

ipedro

I was going to hold out for next year's edition because we don't have ApplePay yet in Canada — my favourite new feature of the iPhone 6 — but then I had a sudden urge to upgrade and wanted to reserve one last night.

I think that urge is now gone. Having a site down for updates is so 1990's internet.

[​IMG]

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I know and I already have the verizon model bought around launch day.

I was just curious because I barely check the apple webpage and just noticed it.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

It's intentional on Apple's part, though. ;)

9. ipedro thread starter macrumors 68040

ipedro

Update: Apple has removed Reservations. It's now on a first come, first serve basis.

I guess that's it then. No way am I going to go on a wild goose chase running to the Apple Store dozens of times until I get the phone. I'll wait for the 6s and pre-order for that.

10. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Yes this is it indeed as my buddy was told that aswell. However, it can be good news as it means that they may have better supply than the last few weeks. He finally walked away with a 6+ 64GB Gold which was impossible to come by.

11. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

It's showing that I can pick up a t-mobile 6 plus from my local apple store? Or I might be viewing something else.

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Well, a GOLD & Space Gray iPhone 6 & 6+ 64GB T-Mobile is still unavailable at all 20 stores near me. And we're talking Southern California, land of consumerism and materialism. :p

Silver 6 64GB is available, but not Silver 6+ 64GB. What to do?

13. ipedro thread starter macrumors 68040

ipedro

I was right. Withdrawal of the Reservations system meant that iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are now reliably available for walkup purchase.

I was able to walk in to an Apple Store in the middle of the day and buy an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB (Space Grey). There was plenty of stock of assorted sizes and colours in both the 6 and 6 Plus

14. duaneu macrumors 6502a

I think it just said contract free before. It was always unlocked, but the fact that the word wasn't there spawned countless threads by people refusing to believe it. Maybe now they will.

15. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344