Reservation question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecellar, Jun 10, 2009.

1. thecellar macrumors regular

I reserved a 32gb s at my local apple store....I got the confirmation email, saying what to bring to the store the day of the release. But then i noticed in the fine print at the bottom it says.....

"Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

So was there really any point in reserving,?

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Reserving makes it so you don't need to pay once you get there, speeds things up for them. I ordered delivery service, as it made more sense.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No point, except you get to bypass the lengthy checkout procedures. :) Get there early to ensure you get one.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's why I opted to place the order and have it shipped to me. That last thing I wanted to do is wait in line for hours only to be turned back with an apology. I may or may not receive it the 19th but if I don't, it wouldn't cost me waiting in line.

5. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

when I reserved, I didn't pay anything. but on the other hand, I never received a email confirmation and it's been about 24 hrs since I reserved it.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Correct, it is possible that your local Apple store may run out of one or more of the models just like last summer so they include the disclaimer.

With the Apple "Reservation" process you are only completing part of the steps to purchase, you don't pay and if you don't pick it up on June 19 then your reservation is released back to general stock. You still get to wait in line and suffer long delays on the 19th.

The AT&T in-store process is different and you are purchasing a specific phone and your phone will arrive in a box with your Name and the Store's address and you can track your order.

This year, both AT&T and Apple are indicating that if you order for direct delivery by June 17, you will receive the phone on June 19 at your mail address. Please note that you will have to sign for the package.

Dave

7. iamskier macrumors member

yeah well at the stores around me you can just reserve one without paying so my friend thought it would be funny to reserve 5 under my name so now att will contact me when my phones are in. haha

8. thecellar thread starter macrumors regular

yeah , i think im going to just buy from the apple store online...i really dont want to be bothered with the whole line up thing...if i dont get it the 19th, oh well.

9. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I don't think Apple will care. Sure they will reserve them, but once you don't show up and it is the un-reserved people's chance, they will sell it to them.