Reservation questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karilynn, Oct 20, 2011.

1. karilynn macrumors regular

karilynn

My apologies if this was addressed elsewhere here. A few questions about the reservation feature on the Apple website...

1. Has anybody successfully used it? Does it really hold true to stock?
    2. Starts at 9 pm... Pacific Standard? Central? Eastern? 9 pm everywhere? :confused: Seeing as Apple is in PST, I'm guessing probably PST? (I'm central, so would I reserve at 11 then?)
    3. Do I reserve a specific time or am I able to go in whenever tomorrow during business hours?

Aaaaand, that's about it for my questions. Thank you!

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

1. Yes, picked up an AT&T at full retail that was in fact unlocked.

2. I'm pretty sure it's relative to the store you select, therefore based specifically on store's time zone.

3. Also seems to be store specific. I made reservations at two different Apple stores in my area--one gave me a 3-8 pm time window while the other didn't offer any option to select a time. I just showed up and they had the phone ready for me.

3. MidNightZ83 macrumors newbie

1. Yes my brother and I both reserved and we were able to pick it up the next day

2. The 9 pm time is relative to where you live. Just be prepared for the site to lag, with the stores updating and all the people trying to reserve.

3. Pick up time was next day anytime between 8am and 6pm. After 6 they will no longer hold it

4. karilynn thread starter macrumors regular

karilynn

WOO! You guys are the bomb dot com. Thanks so much for the information. I hope I can reserve one tonight! :p

5. Noplac2hyd macrumors member

So just to confirm I reserved my phone to pick up, time given was 8-6 the store opens at 10 normally. are they opening early each day for this?

thanks in advance

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

My local Apple Store is open before it's normal 10 am opening for Genius Bar and one-on-one sessions. Not sure how early they open but I had a 9 am appointment a few weeks back to replace my iPad so I'm sure they now also handling iPhone reservations during that time.

7. JoshJosh117 macrumors 6502

Their reserve system isn't working for me. :mad: I can never get it to load...

8. karilynn, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

karilynn thread starter macrumors regular

karilynn

It's loading for me right now. I've got 14 minutes to go until 9, though. I'm nervous!

Nevermind, not loading successfully anymore. :(

9. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

its because the page is being bombed with reservations. I started 9pm set and didn't manage to get a reservation in until half an hour later due to the pages either not loading or crashing before i complete the reservation. I had to keep trying and refreshing for the whole half hour

10. MidNightZ83 macrumors newbie

My apple store opened st 8. its inside the mall and while the rest of the stores open at 10, the apple store opened at 8.

As for the page not loading, i had the same problem. I had to refresh to get the state and stores to show up. Also it took a while for the pages to load. Keep on trying and hopefully youll get it.

11. karilynn thread starter macrumors regular

karilynn

YAY! I got one reserved! Super happy right now. I can't believe how nervous I was... over a phone. Sad world we live in... :rolleyes:

----------

Another question, my dad and I share an account with AT&T. It's in his name. Does he need to be present with me tomorrow when I get my phone?

12. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

I finally got a reservation through for my white 16GB white 4S, I got a reservation for Orland Square Mall Apple store. I had two browsers open and tried downtown Chicago and this location both were lagging but the point is I finally got through,

----------

Don't feel bad I was too. :rolleyes: :D

13. Noplac2hyd macrumors member

Danbury mall at 8am. At least I dont have to worry about parking:)

14. karilynn thread starter macrumors regular

karilynn

Blah. I wish I could go at 8 am. I have to wait for the old man... :rolleyes:

15. iprime macrumors member

The nearest apple store went out of stock within 2 minutes for 16 and 32 GB :eek: Thankfully I reserved two 16 GB phones at a store 10 miles away. Do you think they would give me two more without reservation tomorrow? I want to open a new family plan with four lines tomorrow and don't want to go again.

16. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

The one in Downtown Chicago all the 16GB white were gone within a minute and now now black and white are gone. I then decided what the hell and went to the next closest Apple store to me.