Reservation - screen shot but no email confirmation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eTip, Jun 21, 2010.

1. eTip macrumors 6502

I made a reservation for a black 32gb to be picked up at my local Apple store, getting to the "your reservation is confirmed" page but never received a confirmation email. I even went back and went through the whole process all over again - first at the the same store and then a few other local stores. Days later now, no email confirmation.

I haven't called any of the stores to see if they show my reservation because I know the answer from what I have read from others in the same situation - but my hope is that if I show up and wait in the *reservation* line that I will get one. Why? Well, again - I do expect that they will NOT show me as having a reservation but I do have my screenshot of the confirmation screen which only states that I need to bring ID, credit card and SS# so I am hoping that I will get a phone ahead of any of the walk-ins (that do not have a reservation). After all, the confirmation screen says nothing about needing to bring the email confirmation.

There have to me a lot of others like me that got to the confirmation page and but never got the email. My guess is that the majority of the people in the same boat didn't blink an eye when they got no conf. email (assuming it went to spam, etc. ) and will show up expecting their iPhone. Will Apple really just send us all away empty handed & sell what should be our phones to walk-ins? Possibly, but the backlash would be worse than it already is. Keep in mind, these people followed the proper steps and it's not their fault that Apple's reservation system went afoul. Thoughts?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

You need to call them and see if they got it. If they did you will be in the store's iPHone app with the capacity that you selected. If not you're SOL and should go to the walk-in line immediately.

3. eTip thread starter macrumors 6502

I may call the store since I have nothing to lose but I am lining up in the reservation line (where I expect to find others in the same situation) regardless of what they tell me when I call. After all, I made a reservation and have proof that I did. I shouldn't be punished because their system failed.

Granted, if they check their list against our names ahead of time and redirect me to the walk-in line then I will have little choice I suppose but I will still give it my best shot to get myself ahead of those with no reservation. I still see no reason why I should do otherwise.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My dad's in the same boat. I hope it turns out well for both of us.