Reservation Trick - USE APPLE STORE APP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boomersmech, Jun 15, 2010.

1. boomersmech macrumors member

So I have been trying for hours (HOURS!!!!!) Since 4:30am PST to Reserve 2 phones.

Here is how you can do it, painlessly.

On your iPhone or iPad download the Apple Store App.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id375380948?mt=8

Open the App And selct your store
    Click featured
    Chose Reserve Your iPhone 4
    Choose Replace or New
    If replace fill out Account details
    Select the correct Size (16 or 32)
    Click Book Reservation

Only 1 per email. I got the reservation notification within 15 minutes!?!?!?

Happy iPhone-ing!
    Eric Sakariasen

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

3. Hrdluck13 macrumors member

4. jtara macrumors 65816

You hand your credit card to the smiling person with the name badge.

5. boomersmech thread starter macrumors member

But 1st Coolest! Bazinga!

Its a reservation, they look at it like an appointment but they are holding a physical phone in inventory for you.

6. shanew21 macrumors regular

This. I kind of wish they accepted payment, so that I know I'm guaranteed one, but I guess I'll just camp. (I have a reserve)

7. krnboy503 macrumors regular

When you pick it up at the store, you either pay with a credit/debit card or cash.

8. boomersmech thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking of doing the same, If I don't have a phone by 4pm Ill punch a baby seal!

twice...

9. jtara macrumors 65816

Hopefully, then, you reserved at the San Diego UTC location. Not that far to the Children's Pool in La Jolla, where the ropes protecting the seals from the public have been removed in an ongoing battle between the city and state coastal regulators.

However, punching the seals will still get you arrested.

10. skyehill macrumors 6502

Eww why would I want to go wait in line at a store when they'll deliver it to my door the same day? Pass.

11. iKatz macrumors member

If i reserve today, but decide tomorrow to pre-order and pay in full, will that work? or i have to choose one or the other?

12. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Did same thing but haven't gotten a confirmation email yet (about an hour since reserving). Won't let me reserve again, so maybe that's a good thing?

13. TheShocker macrumors member

Anyone else who reserved through the App get the e-mail confirmation showing the full price ($599) instead of the upgrade price?

14. Maaz macrumors 6502a

my email confirmation doesnt show any price.

15. KadMac macrumors regular

KadMac

Same here. Mine has the full price listed in the e-mail. I am assuming this is because my e-mail doesn't have any of my att account information included. When I pick it up at the store (if it isn't sold to someone else since that email indicates I am not guaranteed an iphone) I am hoping I get the subsidized price since I am upgrade eligible.

16. lcdbot27 macrumors member

Yes, and actually I can elaborate a bit on what I think is happening.

Last night, I was able to successfully reserve through the regular website and was quoted the $299 price for a 32GB in my confirmation email.

This morning, I did the Apple Store App reservation process for my girlfriend and she was quoted the $599 price for the 16GB in the confirmation email she received. Similarly, two of my friends who went the Apple Store App route got the $599 price in their confirmation emails.

I believe what's happening is that the Apple Store app is bypassing some step in the AT&T lookup process and not including your AT&T account information when you reserve. The email I received includes my AT&T rate plan information (ie: $30 unlimited data/$20 unlimited texting). My girlfriend's email does not include any of this information.

What I'm nervous about/concerns me is that when we get to the Apple Store next Thursday, are they going to be able to get the correct account info for her, and then adjust the price correctly to the $199...or are they going to say we have to pay the $599 because that's what the reservation said.

Just like Apple, always making things exciting. Haha.

17. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

My email says the same thing, $599 price and no plan info. They have to be bypassing the AT&T step as I paid my phone bill that was due yesterday after I had already reserved my phone. According to AT&T I would be eligible if I paid my phone bill. Which I was not able to do until after lunch which by that time i'd decided to just give the app a try and it worked. So, yes they have to be bypassing AT&T eligibility check or else I wouldn't have been able to reserve one until this afternoon.

18. TheShocker macrumors member

Ok, thanks guys. Glad to know others are in my boat.

I'm not too worried. I'm sure everything will get sorted on the 24th. :D