Reserve for Pick-Up @ AT&T on the 24th??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stefc93, Jun 15, 2010.

1. stefc93 macrumors regular

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. I want to reserve (not pre-order) an iPhone 4 for pick-up at my local AT&T store. However, I'm not sure if you can reserve for pick-up on the 24th at an AT&T store as you can for a pick-up at an Apple store. Can I reserve an iPhone 4 for pick-up on the 24th at my local AT&T store?

2. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Not anymore, they are sold out.

But yes, you could have, that is what I did.

Just do it at apple, they still have plenty.

3. stefc93 thread starter macrumors regular

I can't since:
    1) My line isn't eligible so I'll have to upgrade by using the other line in my household.
    2) Called my local ATT store. They said that if I were to buy the iPhone at another place other then their store, the would not be able to do the swap/would have to go through customer service.
    3)The guy at the store told me that I can still pre-order an iPhone 4 but it won't be delivered by thr 24th. It would be delivered between the 25th and July 5th. That's if I were to order it today. If I were to order it tomorrow, it would be delivered (probably) July 15th.

But the ATT store will have a batch of iPhones on the 24th, right? So why can't I reserve and pick-up in the store on the morning of the 24th if they will have a batch of them?

4. stefc93 thread starter macrumors regular