Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Anyone else having an issue with the reserve for pickup? The date of pickup is no showing up and won't let me finish to the last step. :confused:

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Mine worked fine, and all I had to do was give them my appleID and it was reserved.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
Worked fine for me, and told me I had until 3PM on April 3 for pickup.

Maybe you could try another Apple store? Possibly they are limiting the number of reservations at each location?

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Same issue. I can sort of see the date selector pop up. But it disappears...

Ok good! At least someone is in the same boat as me. I guess site overload? I noticed the pre-order when you go to the checkout page all the graphics disappear and turn is a (?) so looks like its having issues too.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
GreekLawyer, I think you and I visit the same apple store, I tried switching it to a different one and it worked but definitely not driving down to orlando. Also just tried to call the store and they are flooded with calls it immediately went busy.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
GreekLawyer, I think you and I visit the same apple store, I tried switching it to a different one and it worked but definitely not driving down to orlando.
Yeah, me neither. That would be sheer madness, especially on Easter weekend. Hopefully our store will get its act together soon. I did pre-order for delivery, but I'm now thinking I may reserve for store pick-up. If it ever lets us complete the reservation...

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Yeah, me neither. That would be sheer madness, especially on Easter weekend. Hopefully our store will get its act together soon. I did pre-order for delivery, but I'm now thinking I may reserve for store pick-up. If it ever lets us complete the reservation...

I just ended up pre-ordering mine as well. If the reserve option for town center ends up working I'll cancel the pre-order.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida

Oh come on... the Florida Mall on Easter weekend would ROCK!

NOT. :eek:

No way in H am i picking one up there - delivery to the house is just fine! LOL!!

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
Oh come on... the Florida Mall on Easter weekend would ROCK!

NOT. :eek:

No way in H am i picking one up there - delivery to the house is just fine! LOL!!

Yeah, it'd be great. Tourist buses, local schoolkids, and a gaggle of assorted old folks getting in their exercise wandering around the food court.

So, I picked Millenia. Still obnoxious most likely, but hopefully less so.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Yeah, it'd be great. Tourist buses, local schoolkids, and a gaggle of assorted old folks getting in their exercise wandering around the food court.

So, I picked Millenia. Still obnoxious most likely, but hopefully less so.

I have a great pic on my phone from the last time i was there..... Brazilian Teens pushing their rental stroller full of "stuff".

Hopefully Millenia will be better - that store drives me bonkers since the remodel i just never go there. I wish it was a wider store.....

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
The 3g can only be order online @ apple it is not available for store pick up yet. You can only get the wi-fi version for store pick up.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
The reservation system is working for "our" Apple Store now. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah I saw that... I think I'm just going to stick with my pre-ordered one. We won't have a problem with saturday delivery in our area. I think I'll ride up to the store that day and get some accessories to get a taste of the hype lol.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Yeah I saw that... I think I'm just going to stick with my pre-ordered one. We won't have a problem with saturday delivery in our area. I think I'll ride up to the store that day and get some accessories to get a taste of the hype lol.
That's the direction I'm leaning, too. I've never had an issue with FedEx delivering stuff on launch day (3GS, Snow Leopard). Plus with the ability to "pre-sign" for the package, one less thing to worry about if I have to run a quick errand while I'm waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.