Reserve IUP and pay it out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by medulla, Oct 4, 2016.

1. medulla macrumors regular

Hello.
    A couple of models I'm interested in show up just under the IUP program, I was wondering if I did reserve this could I walk into the store and just buy it out without signing up for this program?
    The Apple store is slightly far away and would like to know before I drive out there.
    Thanks.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

From what I gather your mileage may vary. Seems they say they require you to sign up for IUP but some are having luck doing what you are trying to do.

3. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I did this on Saturday - I qualified for IUP but didn't know I couldn't use my debit card. I switched the transaction to Verizon payments

4. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I can confirm that they did not force me to sign up for IUP, and I was not an existing member either.

Mind you, I pre-ordered a T-Mobile 7 plus during launch, but reserved a Verizon 7 Plus through UIP link, and they let me swap the T-Mobile one for the Verizon one, no questions asked about UIP.

But as mentioned, your mileage will vary.

5. KarmelVixen macrumors member

KarmelVixen

I did this when I got my 7 plus. The Apple Store closes to me with the phone I wanted was 90 mins away from me. I just called the store after I made my reservation to make sure I could use carrier finance. They said that wouldn't be a problem even though I used the IUP link. Once I got there I told them how I wanted to pay for the phone. I had no issues the person just said ok & did it.

6. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Problem with that is you have to have an account with h Verizon which I don't