Reserve T Mobile for att

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kallyq, Sep 27, 2016.

1. kallyq macrumors regular

I hope this makes sense...I am able to reserve a T Mobile and would like to use it on my Att account. Is this doable (for me to pick up and just switch without signing up for t mobile)? I searched threads but couldnt find answer. Thanks

2. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

It is but understand if you buy from t mobile it will be locked to them. To unlock they require it to be paid in full and on their network for 40 days. If you buy a t mobile iPhone directly through apple it is unlocked and you can use it on AT&T right away.

3. kallyq thread starter macrumors regular

I am planning to buy from apple using iup.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Has anyone else done this? I do not want to drive an hour for it not to work. Any cons to this plan?

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you plan on enrolling in iUP then you must get the att model. Unless you already have a T-Mobile account.

If you plan on buying it full price it shouldn't matter and your att sim will work.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

As I understand it you cannot use IUP to buy a phone on a carrier with whom you do not have an account. So your plan would likely fail as the Apple employee will need your T-Mobile credentials to process/complete the purchase.

If you buy the phone for full price you should be fine though.