Reserve White iPhone 4 in Apple Store App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by extenet, Oct 26, 2010.

1. extenet macrumors member

9to5mac (via BGR) is reporting that with the update to the Apple Store iPhone App last night, the white iPhone 4 is showing up in 'reserve a product'. I tried to reserve one, but was unsuccessful, as the app says "because of high demand, we are not taking reservations for this product". However, looks like those who are holding out for the white iPhone 4 may not have to wait too much longer. (All of us with wives waiting for the white iPhone4 should be getting a little excited I would think :))

http://www.9to5mac.com/32269/white-iphones-show-up-for-reservation-in-updated-apple-app

2. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

I've waited this long, i can wait for the next iPhone in June now:rolleyes:

3. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

dang, just when i go fed up for waiting for the white ip4.

4. extenet thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, however, with the ability to sell the iPhone on eBay or craigslist for a considerable amount of cash, it shouldn't be hard to sell an iPhone 4 and make enough money to buy the unsubsidized version of the iPhone 5 for under $200 :)

5. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Yeah but if you guys want to waste an upgrade and buy the iPhone 4 this year, you know AT&T is going to refresh or bump up everyone's upgrade to the new iPhone 5 date, I would just buy the iPhone 4 subsidized, then sell it for a huge amount of money then upgrade to the iPhone 5. This is of course assuming AT&T will be generous like it has been in the past two years but with all these rumors flying around that the iPhone is going to Verizon, I think they'll be more than generous.

6. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Too bad that Apple Store App isn't available in Canada. I would've ordered the phone right now.

7. extenet thread starter macrumors member

Haha, well like I said, the reservation won't actually work. So no one is able to order it, just looks like it's gonna be released sooner rather than later :)

8. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Whenever I click on the iPhone 4 and choose "Select Capacity and Color" it only shows black and when I click on black it just check marks it. No other options come up.

9. madKIR macrumors 6502

Just updated the app and having the same thing: no white iPhone 4!

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You have to go into a retail store (on the app) and reserve it, its not available through the online store (e.g. my retail store).

11. ivan2002 macrumors regular

Which will again come in black only, until about December.

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

If its coming soon this actually works out perfectly for me. My GF is holding out for the white iphone. I was going to buy it for her anyways but now I can buy it as one of her X-mas presents :D

13. extenet thread starter macrumors member

haha, I like this.

14. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

It says not available to reserve at any of the stores I check.

15. extenet thread starter macrumors member

Yes, if you read the original post, you'll see I said it wasn't available to reserve yet. The thread is merely to show that it appears the white iPhone 4 will hopefully be available soon.

16. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

17. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

*5 or 4s.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I doubt AT&T will be as generous as they have been in the past.

19. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Me either. Their "generousity" was due to them losing exclusivity and trying to lock as many people into 2-year contracts as possible. Once Verizon is an option, AT&T will stop offering early upgrades, as you're already entangled in their web.

20. extenet thread starter macrumors member

I don't think that logic makes too much sense. IF AT&T were to lose exclusivity, they would do all they could to try to get people to stay with AT&T, and therefore offer them early upgrades. Not to mention, if you've had AT&T for a certain amount of time, you are eligible for earlier upgrades than normal.

Also, if you'll remember back to the 3G release, they did the same thing. If you had purchased an original iPhone, you were automatically eligible for the subsidized price for the 3G. They did not do this with the 3GS, so I don't expect it to be the case for the 5th generation iPhone, but again, I think your logic is incorrect as to why they wouldn't offer subsidy. If anything, if it goes to verizon, I'd bet AT&T would offer subsidized pricing.

21. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

they have taken down the option to reserve anything but a black iPhone

22. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

^^^ This, and thats why they up'd their ETF to $325

23. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Don't anticipate early upgrades anymore. Once the exclusivity is gone the thrill is gone for AT&T. If they're going to continue to offer early upgrades on iPhones, if Verizon is carrying it as well, then they may as well do the same for BBs and other devices that they carry that other carriers do as well.

24. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

When the first iPhone came out there was no subsidized for it people paid full price. Of course Att was going to let those people who bought the first iPhone get the 3G for the subsidized price. It won't make any sense not to.