reserve your 3gs on apple.com? dont expect one for sure tomorrow.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vegas-steven, Jun 18, 2009.

1. vegas-steven macrumors regular

so has anyone else reserved their phone on apple.com?

i did. boy was i excited.
    thought about how i could actually go to WORK on friday to pay off the big bill im gonna have with two iphones on one family plan, and then go and pickup the phone with the wifey.

then again maybe not so.

the last email that i recieved from apple had this little asterix on the end of it:

today i went into an att store to see if they would be charging us an additional line deposit and i learned that i could have very well purchased the phone from them.
    i called apple and asked what that asterix meant and they said "there is one line, but those who reserved one are processed faster through it, better get here as early as possible to get a phone"

so thanks apple.
    thanks for telling me this one day before launch via an email.
    you guys are the best.
    no, really you are.

2. fox777 macrumors regular

fox777

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

This has been known since the phone was announced. The first confirmation email also says it...

"Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

4. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I wonder when Apple changed their website from "reserved" to "pre-authorization" that they have now? I have a screen shot from Sunday that shows the reserved, only noting the first come first serve notice in a footnote, but that has changed.

5. cualexander macrumors 6502a

No if you had paid attention they said this all along. The reservation was basically just a pre-qualification. It was always at the bottom even in the original email.

6. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

The first email also said it, and I believe Apple's site also said it after reservation. They should definitely make it more clear though.

Don't be too worried, I went to the Apple store in a populated area at 6PM last year and was able to get a 3G no problem.

7. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

i did the same thing

you can still try tomorrow and walk in and say you reserved an iphone 3gs or call before going to make sure reservations are still being held

if not then welp it's just a phone (unless you currently dont have an iphone at all then that sucks)

good luck!