reserved a 4s and was turned away

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DillingerX, Oct 29, 2011.

1. DillingerX macrumors newbie

So my question is has anyone else had this problem?

Thursday night at 9pm i reserved a 16gb white iPhone 4s for an apple store I pass on my way home from work. Pick-up was for 6-7pm Friday, the latest time they offered. (I work till 7 got to the mall by 7:25)

Anyway I get to the apple store, I had cash on me to buy the 16gb 649 about 750 with tax and they would not take my money! :eek:

I was told since I didn't have a confirmation email they couldn't do anything, they wouldn't even look up my apple id that I used to reserve the device, the email for my apple id is my name...first.last name how hard could this have been?

I understand I showed up a little bit late but I find it hard to believe they don't have any more devices in their back room especially since I did not pick up the device I had reserved.

Long story short I left disappointed.

When I got home I waited again until 9pm got on the website and was able to reserve another device, the 16gb was already unavailable this was at 8:58 by the way so I had to reserve a 32gb.

Now I printed the confirmation page but I have not received any email what so ever. If I go to the mall today and am turned away I don't know what i will do. In my past experience when I had a macbook pro their customer service was TOP NOTCH.

2. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

That sucks they wouldn't even try to look it up. Sure a policy is a policy but customer device is about what is needed within reason to help the customer. That certainly didn't happen here.

3. joec1101 macrumors 6502

You don't need any confirmation email. Their system will reflect a reservation for you. But, you do need to pick it up before 6 PM (I think that's the cutoff time) or they reserve the right to "unreserve" your phone so that it can be sold to walk-in customers.

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Isn't the store full of Macs? Surely you could have looked up your confirmation there (and make sure your info isn't saved, of course).

5. DillingerX thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the thing, they let me check my email at the store but seriously I did not receive an email, the pick-up time I selected was 6-7pm. I work near Toronto and get off at 7pm and had to drive 20 mins to get to the mall so I was there by 7:25.

I was able to reserve another phone for today(still did not receive any email confirmation, however I printed the page that said my order was confirmed etc) and I did get my 4s, however I was forced to spent an extra $100 because the 16gb was unavailable

I talked to the guy that sold me the phone today again I did not have an email, he said that shouldn't have mattered and they should have given me a phone last night

He asked me who it was I was dealing with, I didn't see the girl but the girl that was standing beside the one I was dealing with was a manager.

Either way I am happy now I got my 32gb white 4s and I cannot put it down, still was worth the wait just a little disappointed in their service, when I go to buy my new macbook I may end up going to another store further away.