Reserved an iPhone 3GS ... but no guarantee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xolan99, Jun 9, 2009.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

I just reserved an iPhone 3GS at the NYC flagship Apple Store for Friday...even though I will be paying $399, I figure I can get at least $300 on eBay with my current iPhone 3G.

However the email I got said that even though I reserved one, I'm not guaranteed one. So what's the point of going through the reserved process if one's not being set aside for me?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

There is a thread thats almost titled the same thing with a nearly identical OP hahaha.

If you want to GUARANTEE 100% NO QUESTIONS your phone, go through ATT. You will be billed on the spot (well, a hold/aut) and they will save one with your name on it.

Apple's pre registration is only to speed things up at the Apple store (as far as information goes), plus they will have two separate lines, one for pre orders and one for those who didn't. The lines will merge, with the pre ordered folks taking priority.

3. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

yeah, pretty pointless..

do the apple stores tend to run out of stock on these iphones?

seems liek this time especially...they wouldnt. alot of people are ordering online..or not ordering at all because of the price.