Reserved, but price is $599 in email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dlewis23, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

I reserved a 16GB iPhone 4 today but when I got the conformation email it says it costs $599.00.

I'm eligible for the upgrade price of $199.00 and I want to see if this has happened with anyone else's reservation email?

2. dmweinst macrumors newbie

Reserved at Full Price

Yes. The same thing happened to me. I think its because my eligibility for the discounted price actually begins on 6/20. So I'm hoping when I show up at the Apple Store on 6/24 they will see that and charge me the right price.

3. theman510 macrumors 6502a

Happened with mine as well. I reserved the 32 gig and it showed price as $699. Better not be that price in store next week or I'm walking out of there

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Through AT&T or Apple?

Mine shows $299 when I check status online, but I didn't receive a confirmation email.

5. Hawtrawk macrumors newbie

it happened to me too! its super annoying. I don't want to deal with changing it when I pick it up on the 24th. It would suck to hold up the line for this.... :(

6. Sean006 macrumors 6502

yeah and what the heck does this mean...

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
    Your reservation is valid for pickup only at the Apple Retail Store that you selected.
    If you do not collect your selected item(s) by the designated date and time, your reservation will be canceled.

kinda contradicting....

7. theman510 macrumors 6502a

My email says I can pick it up starting at 7 am (I guess that's when my local store opens, maybe others are different) and my reservation will be held until the store closes that day. I plan on swinging by during my lunch break

8. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I have been able up upgrade since April. I used the Apple store app and it said $299. My email also sat $699. Probably just a stupid glitch that everyone is getting.

9. tasandkrs macrumors member

Apple Store app says price of $299 for 32gb and email confirmation says $699!

10. mac'inmama macrumors regular

This happened to me, too. So frustrating. I was on hold for 10 minutes with Apple before I got one of the employees there who clearly has no idea what's going on. First, even after I told her what my Reserved confirmation said (to pick up at my local store, an hour away), she was trying to tell me I have to pick up at AT&T and when I asked her about the price, she told me that AT&T sets the prices, so I have to check with them, although AT&T already told me I'm eligible for the upgrade for $299. It's so frustrating to be jerked around so much between Apple & AT&T with their online ordering and then to get people who have no idea what's going on from Apple not able to clarify ANYTHING for me.

She also told me that the store doesn't open until 10am on that day although the email says 7am. I need to call the store, I guess.

I have a reservation. I've not upgraded my phone through AT&T since I got my 3G when it came out (maybe two years ago now?), am eligible for the max upgrade AND my confirmation says it will cost me $699. That's all I know.

11. Sean006 macrumors 6502

read the light print way down at the bottom

12. tdog09 macrumors member

Not sure about the Apple Store App

i'm thinking that the Apple Store App is giving that price to everyone before you click reserve. I know for a fact I'm eligible for the $199/$299 as my 2 years have already ended it, and that's the price the app gave me. My friend on the other hand KNOWS he's not eligible as his 2 years doesnt end until 2011, and the App gave him $199/$299 as well. I'm thinking the app doesn't quite sync with the AT&T Server.

13. bstpierre macrumors 6502a

Assuming you have the wording right, pre-authorization is different then pre-ordering or reserving. A pre-authorization is just an okay that you are eligible and that pre-authorization is good for 30 days if you decide to wait to order.

14. Sean006 macrumors 6502

what do i have to send you the whole email....read it !!!! this is at the very bottom of the RESERVE EMAIL not pre authorization email...no such thing..

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
    Your reservation is valid for pickup only at the Apple Retail Store that you selected.
    If you do not collect your selected item(s) by the designated date and time, your reservation will be canceled.

15. jooak macrumors member

Same Here

Same for me except I am 16 gb and $599 from Apple Store App

16. baseballcp2002 macrumors member

Yup I ordered an iPhone 4 32GB and my confirmation email also said it was 699. I have been upgrade eligible since December (almost 2 1/2 years since buying 3G.

I am pretty sure that we are getting that price because of AT&T's servers being down when we reserved it. If they could not check our eligibly when we reserved it, then they couldn't possibly know we are eligible for 299 price.

I am sure everything will be fine.