Reserved iPhone 4 @ BB but want to switch to Premier...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gordian, Jun 15, 2010.

1. gordian macrumors member

I just realized I'm eligible to switch to Premier. However, I reserved an iPhone 4 at launch day and would love to pick it up at BB, especially since I already put $50 into a BB gift card I'm unlikely to use for anything else. In order to get the iPhone 4 and Premier I see two options:

1. On the Premier site's phone selection I will select a phone which requires no contract (my previous contract with AT&T expired long ago so I'm currently month-to-month with them) so at least my account is already switched to Premier by launch day.

2. Keep my existing plan for now and (somehow) switch to Premier after I pickup the new phone on launch day.

Any advice? Of course, the best option would be if I could switch to Premier at BB on launch day when I go to pickup my device. Anyone know if that's possible?

2. gordian thread starter macrumors member

Anyone know if BB can switch me over to AT&T Premier in-store?

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

No. In order to switch to premier, you need something called fan number. I bet those people in bestbuy won't have a clue how to do that. One of the reason you do it at the cooperate store is to add your fan discount.

Some permier customers get following advantages.

1. Waive activation fees. Yes, you will not be charged for 26 or 36 dollars fee. That's huge.

2. No mail and rebates.

3. 24 hour customer support.

4. bfh123 macrumors regular

If I buy at BB, can I apply my fan number to the account later? I dont really care about the $26 fee.

5. gordian thread starter macrumors member

Just got off the phone with Premier support and apparently once I filled out the verification information I was already switched to a Premier account (through my university). As I was before, I remain eligible for an equipment upgrade according to the CSR. How do I now find my FAN? Is it that number on the bottom right of the Premier site?

6. RyanG macrumors 6502

You simply follow the process through your corporate e-mail. It's really not that difficult and it can be added after the fact.

If you don't have a corporate e-mail, you get the FAN number from your HR department or through an internal web portal and call att corp to add it.

7. gordian thread starter macrumors member

How do I get the FAN if I am already a Premier account holder through my university?

8. gordian thread starter macrumors member

What I mean is: Where do I get the FAN number to provide Best Buy with if I'm already a Premier account through my university?