Reserved one at Best Buy this afternoon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by duelingdragons, Mar 12, 2011.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Honestly they have the best program going.
    $100 down, and they'll hold one for you.

I'm second in line for a 32GB white wifi, so he said I'm almost guaranteed one when they get a new shipment.

Cool.

2. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Bummer, I was hoping I'd have heard something today.
    The guy told me they received a new shipment Saturday, so I just assumed they'd get more quickly.

Ahh I hate waiting!

3. kokesh macrumors regular

1st in line reserved here..went there Saturday afternoon and put my $100 .. haven't heard anything as of now. Hopefully tomorrow both our stores will get some in :cool:

4. makingmusic macrumors regular

Did the same thing. Called today and they received 2 of the black 64GB 3G today and so now I'm second in line for this model. Called the Best Buy in Denton, TX and they had 2 or 3 not reserved. So, I hopped in the car and now have the unit I wanted.

5. orgpsychologist macrumors newbie

Cinci/Chicago/Lansing/Austin - Yes all those :)
    Online Instore availability check

Does anyone happen to know if the online in-store availability check is accurate, or does calling actually matter?
    Thanks!

6. secondcup macrumors member

secondcup

I did the $100 deposit as well. My local BB said they would get more this past Saturday, but didn't know how many people on the wait list that shipment would take care of. I didn't get a call, so I'm still waiting. I hope the Best Buy wait list will be a faster option than ordering online.

7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Did the same but for a 16 black WiFI. I dont have any hopes for one this week.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

Plenty of threads on this issue already.

I reserved on Friday at 5:05pm.... I'm still waiting. They told me 24 hours. LOL!

Oh well. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'm calling them.

Mel

9. kokesh macrumors regular

Nice, you got lucky I think!

I think the online system is ~2 hours behind the actual inventory..read that elsewhere on these forums so I don't know how accurate it is.

Do you know what # you are on the list? I would think if you are in the top 3 for that model, you might get one this week. Some other best buys got shipments today so I would be surprised if yours didn't get a single shipment by Friday.. never know though. :(

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I didnt even bother asking. She said that the stack of papers was an inch thick so I dont even know. Maybe that meant for all reserves? Maybe just 16gb black? I may call and ask later for confirmation.

11. kokesh macrumors regular

Yeah, when I asked the first two girls at the Customer Service desk, they acted like it was some secret how many people were ahead of me and that there were a lot of people reserving them. When I got to the register I asked and she said there was only one 16 gb reserved (black) and that I was the first 16 gb white reserve..so it might seem like there are more ahead of you than there really are..

12. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

My Best Buy did get a shipment of only 16GB units the Sat after launch.

13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Interesting. Maybe I will call and ask later, though that seems like such a hassle for someone to go through.

14. kokesh macrumors regular

thanks for the info :eek:

Haha for the employee you mean? I didn't realize until you said that about the inch stack of papers that they're probably doing it all by paper. I thought they were entering my information into the computer but in retrospect I guess it was just their usual cash register questions. Weak! :D

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Honestly I couldnt tell how they were doing it. When I said I wanted to reserve one, she turned around and pulled paper from some binder. I dont know what she did with it after that though. I know my info went into a computer at some point.

16. kokesh macrumors regular

Yeah, mine had a bunch of blank photocopied "reserve tickets" on which I wrote my name and phone number, then she photocopied it again and gave me one of the copies. I guess it doesn't really matter how they do it but you're right that it's probably a mess over there haha.

17. melman101 macrumors 68030

Yeah I'm pretty sure that my reservation is in a stack of papers at the top of the list. LOL. I am scared that they are going to drop the papers, and bam, my reservation is at the bottom, LOL. I don't even want to call for fear of upsetting the person and having him slip my name to the bottom, LOL.

18. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Dang, I didn't even think about Denton! Did you get Verizon or AT&T?

19. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I lucked out Saturday at BB. I was going in to put a deposit down on one. So the guy looks at my name and information (I had been in Friday night but they could not take our money for this yet) and says, are you sure you don't want this one. He was holding an unopened 3G iPad 2. I originally was going to get another 64gb, but only had 12 gb on my first gen iPad. I knew I could make that work so I opted not to wait and just take the 16gb one he had. Plus it was nice because I spent 200 bucks less than what I was planning.

20. makingmusic, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

makingmusic macrumors regular

I got AT&T but they can't have many reservations so you should try tomorrow if the store is closed tonight! They said they had about 100 people in line on Friday and received more than Flower Mound - where I stood in line and got the white 3G which I returned for the black unit. It screams!!

You should also try the new store across from Alliance Airport - bet it doesn't get lots of "neighborhood" traffic.

21. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I've got one on reserve at the heritage trace location by alliance. I would gladly drive to Denton if they have them: I graduated from UNT, so I'm used to that drive. :)

22. Aetherhole macrumors member

This maybe a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway... if you reserve it with the $100 down, can you cancel and will you receive the $100 back? How does that work with the $100 gift card that they give you?

I only ask because if I end up snagging what I want tomorrow morning at the Apple Store, I will want to cancel my reservation with BB.

23. kokesh macrumors regular

you can return the gift card with the receipt and they'll give you your money back (or so that's what I have read on this forum)

24. melman101 macrumors 68030

25. KTS1010 macrumors newbie

So do I, I am just sitting at work hoping I get the phone call before lunch time so I can go pick it up.