Reserved your iPhone 4? You might not get it...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hippyharry, Jun 16, 2010.

1. hippyharry macrumors regular

I spoke to Apple Chat earlier this morning and they themselves dont seem to know whats going on with reservations.

[​IMG]

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't trust Maria,

She's slow, doesn't know anything and is most likely a bloke.

3. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

This is a complete joke then. I tried pre ordering the iPhone 4 all day yesterday and kept getting stuck on the AT&T verification. I kept getting redirected to reserve a phone for pick up in the store, therefore I did. About 5 minutes later I got the same email stating it would be held until the close of business on June 24. Based on the OP's chat this now seems to be a waste of time. I'm unable to get to the store until about 5:15pm that day so they better have it waiting for me.

4. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

Don't **** with Maria or she will kick your ass ;)

5. ethical macrumors 68000

"Just another minute....while I copy and paste the lame goodbye message"

6. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

heh "did you preorder your Bumper case"
    They're really desperate to flog those over-priced pieces of tat aren't they? :cool:

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

No one has to buy them! It amazes me, why the hatred for Apple by some!:mad:

Just because UK can't get what they want and BP is in the toilet . . . . . .:eek:

8. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

well this is why i say it is a complete was of time to do a reservation... in my local apple store they want u to be there before 12 noon.. so dumb glad i ordered it last night at 8 pm and will get it on the 24

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Apple is covering their a$$ just in case. If you reserved you'll have a phone held for you until the close of business on the 24th

10. ethical macrumors 68000

Hatred? It's true...they really are trying to flog these things. No hatred...just stating the obvious.

11. MnkyPwz macrumors member

Macrumors should be rebranded TROLLrumors.com because EVRY post its someone stating why another persons PERSONAL oprion of a given company :)apple:) is wrong, and their view is ok.

12. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Non-sequitur of the thread award goes to...

1) It's a statement of the bleedin' obvious that every time those Apple online chat agents talk to someone, they try to flog the bumpers.
    2) I have what I want thank you.
    3) Relevance of BP/Amoco oil spill to discussion about iPhone availability?
    4) Back on topic, I'm glad I pre-ordered rather than reserving for store pick-up: I'm guessing Apple will be fairly short of iPhones in the UK and are probably trying to sell as many via their online store as they can before allocating the rest to their own retail stores and then to the networks. Remember the shortages of 3G models two years ago?

Perspective though: you'll get your phone eventually!

13. InsiderApps macrumors member

The Apple Store chat people only know about the online store, and don't know anything specifically about the brick and mortar stores - aside from what they might personally know, but that's as much as you and me.

14. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

With the sheer number of people making reservations, demanding an iPhone, etc....I guarantee you there will be problems....and some will not have their iPhone waiting for them as promised.

This day has been crazy and I am sure some things will get lost

15. joecg macrumors member

My Apple store said they are guaranteed in stock if you were able to reserve them and got the email.

16. web4fun macrumors member

I can't understand why Apple just doesn't allow all of the folks that "reserved" come in on the 24th and walk-ins on the 25th? This would alleviate some of the crowd I suspect. Kind of like what AT&T is doing for their in-store pickup except they seem to be allowing walk-ins on the 24th and preorder pickups on the 25th..which is kind of *** backwards in my opinion. Just saying that allowing the folks that reserved first option to buy seems logical to me.

17. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

That is a great idea! I agree with you completely.

18. SarahLovesMac macrumors newbie

SarahLovesMac