Resolved Reserving an iPad, Sort Of...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bluemonkeyguy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bluemonkeyguy, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Uhhh, yeah. If you want the iPad 2 purchasing process to be nice and brisk without the unnecessary posh talk among long-line waiters, then I recommend actually reserving a meeting for the 11th through Apple's Concierge service on their website. I guess this is the best way to snag the delicious iPad 2 before Apple's batch is fresh out. Good luck:D

2. Lintrix macrumors member

Are you referring to a Genius Bar reservation?

3. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

4. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Why not?

Yes

5. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Because they are going to have a roped off area just for the iPad 2 on launch day and make everyone wait in that line for only iPad 2 purchases.

6. Lintrix macrumors member

In that case, i suggest having a friend stand in line after you get rejected.

Otherwise you'll end up walking back outside with a full line.

7. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

You'll most likely be unable to book an appointment that day, or at least during the first few hours.

8. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Just suck it up. If you want an iPad 2 on launch day, you will have to get in line and wait it out. Or just order online.

9. woodsy macrumors newbie

10. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Those are general purchases aside of that for the people who reserved. The reservation is made for people who have no idea how the iPad works (or do I;)). So then the only thing one would have to put up with is actually learning the iPad with a Genius employee. Once learned, the question of "would you like to proceed with purchasing the iPad 2'' would finally come and then you buy it. Ta dah.:D

I doubt they'll be like, "Well, Mr. Schmidt, now that you have learned the iPad 2, you can wait from the back of the line to purchase one." I think they'll consider your interest of the iPad 2, from the reservation beforehand, by letting you purchase one right after.

11. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Right! And your chances of being in that reserve line increase by reserving, like NOW.

So then book today. :D

12. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Doing a reserve like you are doing is not the same thing as reserving for the launch. When they did the iPad and iPhone 4 launch the reservations were like pre-orders and were done through the Apple online store, they were not any other reservation and were clearly marked differently.

In fact I remember specifically someone on these forums trying to do a reservation trick for a previous launch, like you are, and the appointment got cancelled.

So yeah, you can expect an email from Apple saying your appointment is cancelled. Probably will get it next when they go through and cancel them all.

13. iomcamaross2010 macrumors member

is apple planning on doing a reserve list for ipad2?

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So far, at least in the US, it doesn't look like it.

Attached Files:

15. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

The reservation I did was on the Apple online store with my reservation listed in their daily schedule. You would have to link the thread of that user so that we can fully understand the nature of his situation.

16. Hberg macrumors member

I thought about doing this as well, but when I looked the date of March 11th wasn't even available. It only ran through March 9th. I just checked again and March 11th is still not available.

I have a feeling that there will be a more ample supply with this launch, but that is just a gut feeling.

17. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

If you have ever been to an Apple launch, you know that they are only selling the hot new product of the day to those in the line, be it a with-reservation line or a non-reservation line. There is on way you are going to be able to circumvent this by going to the Genius Bar, even if you have a reservation with them.

Nice try though....

18. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you try the next/right arrow button? :rolleyes: That's probably why. Just checked the Apple Store (Arizona) schedule and it's there, after clicking the arrow button.

19. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I worked there through the launch of the 3GS, iPad and iPhone 4. Each and every time the Genius Bar was taken from the normal routine and the bar became a spot to where product and bags, etc. were being housed. Basically no repairs/support was done for a few hours.

I highly doubt you'll have a time slot available to reserve and even if you do, plan on it getting canceled and/or changed.

20. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting. Well, thankyou for that post, I guess I'll just order online like a normal human being anyway.:rolleyes: