Reserving it for full price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisN, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Hi, well I am able to buy the new phones at the subsidized prices of 199/299 and I want to buy the 32gb for 299. Since I was having so much trouble pre ordering, I decided to reserve it for the local Apple Store. When I reserved it, the price said 699 and I was wondering if this was normal and they would give me the actual price when I come.

Thanks,
    ChrisN

2. CardboardDoom macrumors newbie

Yeah, if someone could clarify, that would be great. I used the Apple Store app to reserve mine. I verified my account, which is ready for an upgrade, it then gave me the options of 16gb for $199 or 32gb for $299. I chose 16gb for $199, it went through, then I got an email saying to pick up my iPhone 4 on June 24 for $599. Will I get it at the upgrade price when I pick it up?

3. jtara macrumors 65816

Reservations are no longer showing a price at all.

I assume it was shown at full price due to the glitch of not being able to get your account status from ATT. Apple already re-programmed their reservation software to omit the price from the confirmation.

ATT fails to plan. Apple handled ATT's failure with as much grace as possible, given the circumstances. I have my doubts that ATT will get it sorted-out by launch day, and I will be greeted by an apologetic (but empty-handed) Apple employee at the store, because they still won't be able to activate accounts.

4. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yeah, what they said. I did reserve later in the day and got email confirmation without a price.

5. mcdeeee macrumors newbie

But do we get charged to simply reserve???????

Somebody please answer this question......