Reserving the iPhone 6s on D-Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iuzunov, Sep 3, 2015.

1. iuzunov macrumors newbie

Hello!I'm more than happy with this forum's reply rate and feel the need to reach to you again,guys!Is there a way I could reserve an Iphone 6s from www.Apple.com and pick it up from an Apple Store in another state (Delaware to be specific).My friend,who is working in the USA, is going to Delaware(0% taxes as far as I know) on 11th of September.Since I'm doing sort of the logistics,thought I could ask you for an advice whether there's a way we could reserve(or buy in advance) a few pieces for pick up so that we don't have to worry about "out of stock" situation.
    Thanks a lot!Hope you've understood me :)

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

During the time of pre-orders in store pickup is not available as the Apple store may not have enough stock for store launch day and pickup. After the iPhone launches, in store pickup will be an option depending on the the store, model, Storage size, color and carrier. You can Pre-Order the iPhone when the pre-order link goes live and have it sent to your location signature required.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Unfortunately the answer to your question is no.

4. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Or you could pay 1 of the thousands of Chinese who sit in line and buy as many as possible for full price every release.

5. iuzunov thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your thorough replies,folks!Can anybody recall from the iphone 6,approximately how many days after launch were the iPhones out of stock for in-store pick up?I know it's a tall order,but someone could remember.
    Thanks again,guys!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Day 1, that is they were out of stock immediately. You then needed to play the game of checking the inventory by trying to get a phone in the morning (they got deliveries multiple times during the week).

7. SR71 macrumors 68000

Not necessarily. On pre-order day of the iPhone 6 I ordered mine to be picked up at my local Apple Store and on launch day I went in at 10am and picked it up. Was in and out within 10 minutes.

8. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

when the iPhone 6 was announced, I already had plans to go to the beach in Florida on release day (I live in GA) so I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 and did in-store pick up at an Apple Store in Florida. I had no issues at all. When I got to the Apple Store In Florida they had a reservation line and it was pretty quick. I don't understand why people are saying this is not possible. I did it last year.

You have to do it online though. I don't understand why you're going to the Apple Store on the 11th, if you wait until the Apple Store opens on the 11th to go pre-order, they'll probably be out of them already.

9. SR71 macrumors 68000

Exactly what I'm saying. Not sure why people are saying it can't be done.

10. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Really depends on the release... the 6 last year there was a preorder and a week after you can go pick it up in store.
    the 5s, there were no preorders, you have to order at launch and it took 1 month to get (well the gold at least) LULZ.